Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Bruno, D41 Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I am pretty sure everyone here can figure out what information about Mr. Bruno has been verified with facts and what is speculation... Does anyone think the continued debate is going to change anyone's mind?
    Wasn't trying to debate. Was posting the facts. This is an article about Robert Bruno. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/440568
    Where Mr. Bruno says, ". . . There has to be a return to an activated, muscular, rank-and-file unionism."

This information is not in Mr. Bruno's campaign literature that I have seen. I think that the voters should know how he feels about unions. The teachers contract will be negotiated this coming school year.

The email exchange that I linked above is from the GEEA member who was heading up the PAC to run candidates in the school board election - that was before it was shut down due to their illegal activity. Speculation on my part, but it seems to me that she clearly was in support of Mr. Bruno and his application for the board vacancy. That and she doesn't like Kurt B., but the feeling might be mutual on that one.
    Last edited by innovator; 03-20-2017 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    Wasn't trying to debate. Was posting the facts. This is an article about Robert Bruno. https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/440568
    Where Mr. Bruno says, ". . . "
    I would like to point out that not only did you take that quote out of context, you quoted the wrong person. Mr. Bruno did not say that. His co-author did, and he isn't stating a belief, he is describing the situation that is documented in their book.
    Sent by my neighbor while I pantomimed the message from my window.

Our network is called Abraham Linksys.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Our network is called Abraham Linksys.
    Tell me something I don't already know.
    Sent by my neighbor while I pantomimed the message from my window.

Quote Originally Posted by Edw. Estes View Post
    Tell me something I don't already know.
    Mike drop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by innovator View Post
    Well, they closed the thread on DuPage Victory and Robert Bruno, so responding over here.

Today Chidester asked...

To answer that question, maybe this is why. Letter that was posted by Ackerman on 12-29-2016 on another forum thread. Email that he obtained from FOIAing info about the GEEA Political Action Committee. Hmmm.....

Click on small image to see attachment.

Attachment 766
    No one should be afraid of Bruno. Nice guy, very theoretical, can't execute, and like Erica Nelson, will have very little Say in the future direction of the board. Although Nelson did do a great job of raising taxes, and convincing buchhholz to support a referendum, which ultimately will result in one of the largest increases in our debt obligations in the past 50 years.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    Mike drop...
    Pretty sure it's mic. Illiterate rube! Emoji makes it OK to call you that.

Pretty sure it's mic. Illiterate rube! Emoji makes it OK to call you that.
    As a former Production Director at a radio station, I am using our technical designation...bumpkin😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illiterate rube!
    Where I come from, them fightin' words...
    “Hey! Rube!” [is the] circus-man’s shout, which has been heard from Maine to Oregon and from Hudson’s Bay to Brazil. When the countrymen get too fresh and too full of fight, they generally get it. The first performer attacked sends forth the thrilling war cry, and every man and boy connected with the show arm themselves with some weapon, and sally to the aid of their brother."

Sch? You gonna put up with that s***? (pile of poop emoji inserted here>)

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Country Watchhog View Post
    Sch? You gonna put up with that s***? (pile of poop emoji inserted here>)
    ...you choose your battles...

Besides, we forgot to mail Clam his "Indivisible" meeting invitation, so I don't want to kick him when he's down...

What I find interesting were the comments on Indivisible yesterday where they realized that have no information on the D87 candidates so someone is going going to pull it together for the group. So getting a possible Marxist (Bruno) into the local school board is as important as their work against Trump but they have no time to evaluate anyone else locally. Also, LGBTQ is an important issue for Indivisible but have not done their due diligence at the high school level, where is actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by QBOne View Post
    What I find interesting were the comments on Indivisible yesterday where they realized that have no information on the D87 candidates so someone is going going to pull it together for the group. So getting a possible Marxist (Bruno) into the local school board is as important as their work against Trump but they have no time to evaluate anyone else locally. Also, LGBTQ is an important issue for Indivisible but have not done their due diligence at the high school level, where is actually matters.
    You joined a closed FB group in a small town community so you could spend your time trolling them and then making fun of them to another forum in the same small town? Kudos dude....stay classy.

Robert Bruno, D41 Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Keaton View Post
    You joined a closed FB group in a small town community so you could spend your time trolling them and then making fun of them to another forum in the same small town? Kudos dude....stay classy.

I'm a dem so it made sense - I am not a Marxist.

I have done my research and know the D87 platforms. I know what is important to me and do not need someone else to tell me who to vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by QBOne View Post
    I'm a dem so it made sense in that respect. I have done my research and know the D87 platforms. I know what is important to me and do not need someone else to tell me who to vote for.
    Ok, I guess I am not sure how being a Dem makes a difference in that you joined a private FB group and now are ripping their posts on a public forum where half the people know who everyone else is. Maybe I am just not as cool and informed as you. As I said, kudos to you dude....

Quote Originally Posted by Keaton View Post
    Ok, I guess I am not sure how being a Dem makes a difference in that you joined a private FB group and now are ripping their posts on a public forum where half the people know who everyone else is. Maybe I am just not as cool and informed as you. As I said, kudos to you dude....

Thank you!