Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robert Bruno, D41 Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    What have you been smoking? This is not the Middlein I know and love.
    Sorry, Simpsons quote that has always stuck with me. Remember back when people wrote political newsletters?

It appears that Robert Bruno's wife is using her old class lists from Hadley to email community members about supporting him in the election. I've heard from several people who have no connection to Bob or his family, except for the fact his wife (now retired) used to teach their child.

Can someone tell me if there is a policy that prohibits staff (or retired staff) from using student's personal information (specifically emails) for personal gain? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, they closed the thread on DuPage Victory and Robert Bruno, so responding over here.

Today Chidester asked...
    "To that end, why is Clarkholz and their supporters so scared of Bruno being elected to the D41 BOE?"
    To answer that question, maybe this is why. Letter that was posted by Ackerman on 12-29-2016 on another forum thread. Email that he obtained from FOIAing info about the GEEA Political Action Committee. Hmmm.....

Click on small image to see attachment.

20161222_104817_resizedxxx.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by innovator; 03-20-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Is that an eye test or are you planning to use the 196x280 image as a new icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Chidister View Post
    Is that an eye test or are you planning to use the 196x280 image as a new icon?
    Click on smaller image to open up larger link. Not sure why it linked this way???

Mine came up yuge. She said something bad about Kurt B. So mean.

Since I was unable to finish my comments on the closed thread, I needed to post this final thought on the recent Bruno attacks here.

Apparently some posters have never encountered a simile - a phrase comparing two things using "like" or "as" - as in the phrase "that's LIKE saying 'we don't know if Jombl..."

Like Jombl, I took a random unsupported accusatory statement, and suggested that the reason it hasn't been proven is that the evidence just hasn't surfaced yet.

Like UFO's or the Faked Moon Landing. Or the Teachers Union donations.

The final sentence of that post was LITERALLY copying Jombl's format and phrase - my unsupported accusatory statement followed by Jombl's own words.

Go back and look at it again. If you find it offensive, perhaps that type of unsubstantiated innuendo and pointed language IS offensive.

Which is my point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    I took a random unsupported accusatory statement, and suggested that the reason it hasn't been proven is that the evidence just hasn't surfaced yet.
    Nonsense. Here, again, is the discussion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher
    "we don't know how often Jombl beats his wife because she's never told us..."

And as to the ethics of Jombl's wife beating...well, it's not ethical. I hope that's not a debatable point, that would be kinda sad.
    What an odd, uncomfortable and frankly inappropriate post. You got there from this?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher
    Please tell us all what SPECIFIC unions have donated to Bruno's campaign via the PAC? I hate to point out the flaw in your logic, here - but if we don't know WHAT unions have donated because the filings haven't been updated, then we also don't know IF unions have donated because the filings haven't been updated.
    We very much do know that unions have financially supported the tenured guy whose job it is to study them. It is fact. It is not a question, that as you put it, "we also don't know IF unions have donated".

And again, that part about me beating my wife? Wow.
    That was our exchange. Let me reiterate, there is plenty of evidence of Union involvement and money, the concrete tangible evidence is overwhelming. To say otherwise is simply not true.

Your logic is no better than your manners.
    Last edited by jombl; 03-20-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Article about Robert Bruno from December 2016 titled "New book explores forces behind Chicago Teachers Union strike of 2012"

https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/440568

Here's a quote from the article:

". . . There has to be a return to an activated, muscular, rank-and-file unionism.”
    Robert Bruno could be negotiating the next teacher's contract, and he is so pro-union that the citizens of GE need to know how he feels about unionism.

I am pretty sure everyone here can figure out what information about Mr. Bruno has been verified with facts and what is speculation... Does anyone think the continued debate is going to change anyone's mind?

Jombl -

Your Words:

"As to the ethics of taking money from the unions that you are employed to study with academic detachment....well, it's not ethical. I hope that's not a debatable point, that would be kinda sad."

My words:

"...as to the ethics of Jombl's wife beating....well, it's not ethical. I hope that's not a debatable point, that would be kinda sad."

You really don't see the difference do you?

Please point out the specifics of what I said there that is untrue. Which word, or phrase. Anything.

Bob Bruno takes money from the Unions that he is employed to study with academic neutrality and detachment. Fact. Taking the money is unethical. Fact.

Simile - a comparison using LIKE or AS.

"I hate to point out the flaw in your logic, here - but if we don't know WHAT unions have donated because the filings haven't been updated, then we also don't know IF unions have donated because the filings haven't been updated. That's like saying 'we don't know how often Jombl beats his wife because she's never told us...'"

Done.

The Bruno campaign denies taking union money?

What a joke and insult to the voters of D41.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I am pretty sure everyone here can figure out what information about Mr. Bruno has been verified with facts and what is speculation...
    In other words, you are saying the dancing milk cartoon cannot be trusted.