Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: GW Prom

  1. #1
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,312

    GW Prom

    Tickets Prices: $75 per single, $100 per couple

    Not only do you not have a date, loser, but we are offering up a whole bunch of financial discrimination against you, as well.

    If some lawyer type dude wanted to make a name for themselves, there has got to be a lawsuit in there somewhere.

  2. #2
    Forum Hall of Famer Cliché's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Tickets Prices: $75 per single, $100 per couple

    Not only do you not have a date, loser, but we are offering up a whole bunch of financial discrimination against you, as well.

    If some lawyer type dude wanted to make a name for themselves, there has got to be a lawsuit in there somewhere.
    You going?

  3. #3
    Forum All Star middlein87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Posh YMCA District
    Posts
    1,881
    I think I paid about 35 or 40 bucks 25 years ago. Seems like $100 nowadays isn't out of the question with inflation.

  4. #4
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I think I paid about 35 or 40 bucks 25 years ago. Seems like $100 nowadays isn't out of the question with inflation.
    You miss my point, friend. Charging a single $75 and a couple $100 is a slap in the face to those who cannot or do not wish to find a date. Why isn't the single ticket $50? What added expense are they incurring by having a dateless student show up to prom?

    Charging them anything other than the same amount of those with dates is idiotic.

  5. #5
    Forum All Star middlein87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Posh YMCA District
    Posts
    1,881
    Ahhhh I see your point now. Not having a date never crosses the mind of a handsome gentleman like me, you see.

    As I recall this was also the case at my prom. And I remember a couple of guys in homeroom saying they were going to go as each other's dates to save money. Nowadays I suppose they'd get their own bathroom. #LockHerUp

  6. #6
    Forum All Star Perplexed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    41.876387, -88.066747
    Posts
    2,213
    Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    I think I paid about 35 or 40 bucks 25 years ago. Seems like $100 nowadays isn't out of the question with inflation.
    I found your Senior Prom Pic!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    What added expense are they incurring by having a dateless student show up to prom?
    Might it be a case that the "date" has a lower marginal cost than an incremental single attendee? Thinking of something like a photographer.

  8. #8
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,241
    Tell your kid to get a date. Or bring a friend.

    And stop complaining about everything.

  9. #9
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,312
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Tell your kid to get a date. Or bring a friend.

    And stop complaining about everything.
    I want you to sue D87 to right this wrong that the district has intentionally foisted upon our dateless children that are within our borders!

  10. #10
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I found your Senior Prom Pic!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the stuff around their feet?

  11. #11
    Forum All Star DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    2,499
    Quote Originally Posted by 4MP View Post
    What is the stuff around their feet?
    Mullet droppings

  12. #12
    Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Lupechennel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    511
    Do they serve food? I mean, what is included in this price? (Never went so no clue what proms are all about).

  13. #13
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,312
    It's usually held at one of those wedding factories/convention places. So, yeah . . . food.

  14. #14
    I think it's the only Glenbard charging a single more money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,312
    I'm surprised that no one found this as exclusionary and weird as I did. Sorry, as pokemonster and I did. Not changing my life, but still odd. Why aren't single tickets sold for $50. Going as a couple . . . buy two.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •