Thread: Cabernet and Company

Cabernet and Company

So if you received the Spring 2017 edition of the Glen Ellyn Quarterly in your mail today, and you read about Maize + Mash opening up soon in the former Cabernet and Company space, you should know that was in error...

Cabernet and Company and Alixe are still there and in business. Maize + Mash is going in the former Cab's Wine Bar Bistro space.

Wish this Village would take communications seriously, you have a police department that is clueless about communicating with the public, and a Village that is severely lacking in ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    So if you received the Spring 2017 edition of the Glen Ellyn Quarterly in your mail today, and you read about Maize + Mash opening up soon in the former Cabernet and Company space, you should know that was in error...

Cabernet and Company and Alixe are still there and in business. Maize + Mash is going in the former Cab's Wine Bar Bistro space.

Wish this Village would take communications seriously, you have a police department that is clueless about communicating with the public, and a Village that is severely lacking in ability.
    To be fair . . . and continuing with my apologist ways . . . . they did send out a follow-up/clarification with an apology for making that mistake. But the rest of what you wrote. Yeah. Agree.

"In the 2017 Village Spring Newsletter sent to Glen Ellyn residents this week, it was mistakenly announced that the new Maize & Mash restaurant will be located in the former space of Cabernet & Company. The correction should read: Maize & Mash to locate into the former Cabs (430 N. Main Street). Much to the contrary, Cabernet & Company, located at 434 N. Main Street, is a thriving fine wine merchant that has been in Glen Ellyn since 1993. The Village offers its sincere apologies to Cabernet & Company and Owner, Alixe Lischett. For more information on this local merchant, please visit the Cabernet & Company website (link provided)."

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    To be fair . . . and continuing with my apologist ways . . .
    I'm fair, I just don't think incompetence deserves an apology. I also heard that Holmer recently got an earful from the merchants about lack of communication on the PD side, so...same o same o

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    "To be fair . . . and continuing with my apologist ways"

Is that a paid position? I'm thinking maybe I could do the same for Wheaton.

As of tomorrow, Cabernet and Company will be serving 4 oz wine by the glass every Thursday, Friday and Saturday...so if you are handed a wait buzzer at Fire + Wine, you can wait across the street with a small glass, instead of the sidewalk. And yes, the "buzz" travels across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    As of tomorrow, Cabernet and Company will be serving 4 oz wine by the glass every Thursday, Friday and Saturday...so if you are handed a wait buzzer at Fire + Wine, you can wait across the street with a small glass, instead of the sidewalk. And yes, the "buzz" travels across the street.
    Word is spreading, lot of people there tonight sharing a conversation and a glass.