Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: D41 Referendum FAQ

  1. #61
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
    I'm not "concerned" anymore. my only point is it "costa bundle" to live in this town and it doesn't seem to get better. Time for you Big Data to carry the load. Good luck to you sir.
    Indeed, it costs more and more each day to live a .1% lifestyle. The horror.

    Well, maybe if the Republican party in this State would give up on regulating other people's lives and actually transition to the state of spending, we would be able to improve on that burn rate. But, they don't seem to be particularly concerned. Thus, it is what it is.

    I will say one thing - once I leave our lovely town - I certainly won't be logging onto the local chat room to tell people raising their families in said town how dumb they are how glad I am that I'm gone. I won't ever see the value in that. But, that's just me. You and Michael can carry the load there. Good luck to you as well.

  2. #62
    Administrator Clamato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,580
    Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    My god, think of the horror of growing up in Villa Park.
    HEY!!! I grew up in Villa Park! Was quite an innocent and fun place. And there was the Ovaltine factory. They had a steam whistle that went off at noon and 4 PM M-F. Good times. Good memories.

  3. #63
    Forum Regular GEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    418

  4. #64
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,315

  5. #65
    Forum All Star DTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    2,682
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Indeed, it costs more and more each day to live a .1% lifestyle. The horror.

    Well, maybe if the Republican party in this State would give up on regulating other people's lives and actually transition to the state of spending, we would be able to improve on that burn rate. But, they don't seem to be particularly concerned. Thus, it is what it is.

    I will say one thing - once I leave our lovely town - I certainly won't be logging onto the local chat room to tell people raising their families in said town how dumb they are how glad I am that I'm gone. I won't ever see the value in that. But, that's just me. You and Michael can carry the load there. Good luck to you as well.
    Hard to get much change done when old man Madigan has had his hand on the legislative throttle for so long. As long as he can bend the Illinois democratic party to his will, not much will change....

  6. #66
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Hard to get much change done when old man Madigan has had his hand on the legislative throttle for so long. As long as he can bend the Illinois democratic party to his will, not much will change....
    https://capitolfax.com/2017/10/12/br...E2%80%9D-bill/

    .....so they waste their time with this....which has no chance of passing.

    So timely.

  7. #67
    Forum All Star middlein87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Posh YMCA District
    Posts
    1,946
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    https://capitolfax.com/2017/10/12/br...E2%80%9D-bill/

    .....so they waste their time with this....which has no chance of passing.

    So timely.
    I thought you were advocating spending cuts. And then you go rip them when they propose one! Make up your mind, sir!

  8. #68
    Forum All Star GE Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Glen Ellyn
    Posts
    1,315
    If you really think this bill is about spending...then...\_(ツ)_/

  9. #69
    Forum Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    172
    what grass roots movement in Illinoise gave rise to the real estate tax cap??????? Can anyone answer that question for me??????

  10. #70
    Forum Regular GEman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    418


    What grass roots movement in Illinoise gave rise to the real estate tax cap???????
    Can anyone answer that question for me??????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •