Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Roskam

I must admit I was somewhat surprised but very proud of Peter Roskam in his bold statements in the fallout of the Trump "ShXXhole" scandal. Very brave and very appropriate in light of the diverse population Rep. Roskam represents!

This photo says it all ...

Roskam_NRA.jpg
    Last edited by newgrangian; 02-26-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GEman's Avatar
    Is there a preferred Democrat challenger to Roskam? or just the fact it is not Roskam?

If Roskam retires tomorrow, does he keep the campaign cash?

---

... or does he need to return it to the Koch bothers and the NRA?

There is a sign hanging on a fence in Wheaton, just south of Falwell off Blanchard that says, 'Anyone but Roskam'.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by southge View Post
    There is a sign hanging on a fence in Wheaton, just south of Falwell off Blanchard that says, 'Anyone but Roskam'.
    Clam, I can't believe you went behind my back to get signage!

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Clam, I can't believe you went behind my back to get signage!
    Keep Calm

And

Repeal & Replace Roskam

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Casper Milquetoast View Post
    I'm surprised that Roskam generally escaped media scrutiny for, not just supporting, but helping draft, the tax bill. The one obvious group that will be harmed by the tax bill are those who itemize, in particular because their combined state and local taxes and mortgage interest exceed the (admittedly increased) standard deduction. The $10,000 cap on SALT is less than half the SALT I pay, and I know that I'm not alone in Glen Ellyn. While media coverage has focused on California, New York and New Jersey as the high-SALT areas where the harm will fall, DuPage (and Glen Ellyn particularly) is right in the blast zone.

Peter Roskam sold out his own constituents in favor of national Republican party donors. His political career should end in 2018.

The new tax rates and brackets will more than make up for the reduced itemized deduction for most people. It will also help retired couples a bunch as the new $24,000 standard deduction is much more than most seniors itemized deductions.

Most of us will benefit and those that don’t are making huge incomes, quit crying.

I don't think anyone is crying . . . . more laughing. Trump knew and knows how to build with Chinese steel and utter the phrase, "You're fired." Though he now appears to like to fire cabinet members via Twitter.

Democrats have zero rising stars other than Lamb, yet U.S. citizens will be tripping over themselves to put the Donkeys into office in November . . . no matter who they are.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/14/u...-election.html

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    It will also help retired couples a bunch as the new $24,000 standard deduction is much more than most seniors itemized deductions.
    With the added bonus that those retirees probably will not be around to pay off all the money borrowed for those tax cuts for millionaires. What a great legacy for the grandkids!
    --

Based on Trump's lead, I hear "financial advisors" all over GE are now advocating that their clients take out loans to "give themselves their own personal tax cut."

At @ 10:22 PM, still quite a few DuPage votes to be counted( where Casten appears stronger than Mazeski.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.d5542ef271be

"In Illinois’s 6th Congressional District, 62,990 people voted Democratic last week for seven candidates, up from just 8,615 in the 2014 primary."

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...=.d5542ef271be

"In Illinois’s 6th Congressional District, 62,990 people voted Democratic last week for seven candidates, up from just 8,615 in the 2014 primary."
    Remember when Michael and whoever else called me out on my prediction, predicting this years ago? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RIP to the current version of the DuPage Republicans..it's over. And here is a tip, going further to the right and subscribing to the Breen/Proft ideals of Republicanism is only going to make it worse.

A little emotional here, no? From the great Republican, excuse me, ex Republican, that vowed to put up a Costa Lot sign for November. If you want an opinion from someone involved in the party, the problem isn't at the sector that you are pointing out, it's the current governor and his buds, including the mrs. He just spent months lying about Ives while his puppet Pat Brady spent election night on TV (why anyone puts that disingenuous POS on TV, I don't know) telling the conservatives to leave. We'll see where things shake out after Nov.

Meantime, I wonder is TCH's spouse's activities will trail behind her like a roll of used Charmin.