Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roskam

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Schumacher, I haven't forgotten what you spewed about me on 1-27 in the now closed D 41 thread. You've got more of this partisan crap here. Your comments on Mr. Roskam are just more of the partisan bull crap....
    Wow. Just saw this. Ack, you need to compartmentalize the various threads. I neither mentioned or criticized you in my comments. I simply remarked that Roskam could face a tough fight in the next go-around, "Especially if he keeps responding to the Trump base and not the moderate Republican base here in GE...If he continues to avoid constituents from the other camp, his reputation will suffer. Until now, I looked at him as the guy who calls me every month to campaign and as a necessary evil living in DuPage County. That he has been in the news negatively to the extent that he has, and that it is for ducking constituents and throwing his wholehearted support to Trump...well, what can one say? BAD!"

Partisan crap? Ack, you continue to amuse me. The binding on my Dictionary is beginning to break thanks to you:

par·ti·san

/ˈpärdəzən/

noun: partisan

1. a strong supporter of a party, cause, or person.

adjective: partisan

1. prejudiced in favor of a particular cause.

Wouldn't your defense of Roskam, by definition, be more of this "partisan crap?"

But, I digress. Ackerman, re-read my post [#38]; I didn't insult you, criticize you, or cast aspersions on your character. I didn't even mention or allude to you at all. I was commenting on "Old Yellow Stain" Roskam. Perhaps I should be flattered that "you probably think this [post] is about you," but honestly, I find it a little creepy...

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Cosying up with the Freedom Caucus is probably not the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ozog View Post
    Cosying up with the Freedom Caucus is probably not the right direction.
    You'd prefer that he cuddled up to Indivisible?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Prefer that my representative stop working with Tea Party folks who have apparently yet to discover how to actually govern and start working in a bipartisan manner to fix what may need to be fixed.

Governing? Who knew it would be hard? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by darlili View Post
    Prefer that my representative stop working with Tea Party folks who have apparently yet to discover how to actually govern and start working in a bipartisan manner to fix what may need to be fixed.

Governing? Who knew it would be hard? :-)
    Plus 1

What can happen when you don't have to deal with the Indivisble-ites? This morning we got to hear Mr. Roskam speak for about 45 minutes and answer a bunch of questions on a number of current issues. No interruptions, no protesting, just information from your elected official.

Also heard Adam Andrezjewski talk. The guy is amazing. He talked for 45 minutes also, filled with facts and figures about waste all over the federal government.

That's gonna happen when 100% of the time that you get to speak in front of a hand-picked crowd who agrees with 100% of what you claim to espouse. You get to look 100% competent.

God forbid anyone disagrees with the policies of the hard right or hard left. Differences should never be discussed.

While I don't agree with ambushing and disruption and interruption, to boil the issues in this country down to just the actions of an overly eager group of vocal protesters is a tad disingenuous.

That . . . . . . and I'd be foolish not to point out that Trump really seems to be a moron.

I don't think that everyone in that room agrees with anything that Roskam says. Many of us preferred Jay Kinzler last time around.

The Indivisible groups are just making it harder to hear various politicians, as the politicians would be smart to be less accessible until these people cool their jets. Can you blame them?

I mean, really, I engaged Daniel Biss in some questions and had some conversation after the Indivisible meeting ended. Shook hands, laughed. I don't agree with him, much, but no reason to treat him like a criminal. I think Roskam is due the same. To plan to ambush people like him and local statewide politicians is poor form.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Plus 1
    Plus 2

Plus 2
    Plus 2 coming from someone that sold us all down the river again with the extension of the D87 teachers contract that still includes the 6% pre-retirement annual pay hike that will continue to be a rope around the necks of all Illinois taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Plus 2 coming from someone that sold us all down the river again with the extension of the D87 teachers contract that still includes the 6% pre-retirement annual pay hike that will continue to be a rope around the necks of all Illinois taxpayers.
    You mean coming from someone who won a school board race? Your board member envy is hilarious. You think your ideas are better, run for a board, if not, stop your pouting...the act is SO old here.

Plus 2
    Plus 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    You mean coming from someone who won a school board race? Your board member envy is hilarious. You think your ideas are better, run for a board, if not, stop your pouting...the act is SO old here.
    Mary,thank you for your time, dedication, openness and integrity while working on the D87 Board. As a parent of kids in the district, I couldn't be more thankful for what the Glenbard schools provide to our children and community! Please keep up the great work.

Plus 2
    Mary (and others) there is a new FB community page for all things Glen Ellyn schools. It is nice because it trolls are not allowed on it and it is designed to be a constructive, supportive community. Last time I looked there were nearly 400 community members. I am quite sure you and other members of your board would be a welcome addition. Thank you again for your service to the community.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/167042797144727/