Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Roskam

The last two weeks I've noticed a variety of Peter Roskam ads that are on sites I'm reading...NYT, Guardian, etc., not sure if they are localized geo-targeted or my search history...although I've not read anything on Roskam except here...anyone else notice or encounter this?

Is Roskam representing his district with this tax plan?
    Eliminating State & Local tax deductions and capping mortgage interest at $500K.

Durbin takes aim at Roskam in ripping GOP tax plan

"But Durbin did roll out a series of figures drawn from 2015 IRS data to make the case that the proposal represents a particularly bad deal for residents in Roskam's 6th District in the west suburbs.

For example, Durbin said that under the GOP proposal, 51 percent of taxpayers in the [Roskam's] district—the 12th-highest percentage of any district in the country—would see their taxes increase. That's because 6th District taxpayers claim an average state-and-low-tax (SALT) deduction of $10,189, with 86 percent of them earning less than $200,000 in 2015.

The GOP plan would eliminate most of the SALT deductions, retaining only a deduction of up to $10,000 a year on a taxpayers' principle residence.

Roskam has argued that even with SALT mostly disappearing, his constituents still overall would be better off given other changes in the GOP plan, including doubling the standard deduction, and given the economic growth that the plan is designed to spark. But he has not denied reports from local officials that, in DuPage County, for instance, one taxpayer in five now pays more than $10,000 a year in property taxes."

Roskam on Bloomberg TV

Yea, those custom homebuilders (with Trump stickers on their Hummer) must love this tax bill.