Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Roskam

I would strongly urge Roskam to encourage Trump to come to the 6th to campaign for him. I think that would be beneficial for Roskam . . . so, uh, Trump should come here . . . to support Roskam. That would be good for his campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I would strongly urge Roskam to encourage Trump to come to the 6th to campaign for him. I think that would be beneficial for Roskam . . . so, uh, Trump should come here . . . to support Roskam. That would be good for his campaign.
    Last time a President came to Glen Ellyn, his helicopter crashed at COD...

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post

RIP to the current version of the DuPage Republicans..it's over. And here is a tip, going further to the right and subscribing to the Breen/Proft ideals of Republicanism is only going to make it worse.
    This cracks me up. After living outside of Illinois for four years, I realize the Republican Party in Illinois has lived under Madigan rule for so long they have become democrat lite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please see this press release from Congressman Roskam. He went to bat for IL residents that prepaid their 2017 property taxes and he did get results:

https://roskam.house.gov/media-cente...oisans-allowed

I should note that I prepaid my taxes due in June 2018. I paid the taxes on December 28, 2017 and it appears that I will be able to deduct the payments.

what about in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by GE68 View Post
    what about in 2018?
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...hicagobusiness

Uh oh, what to do? I'm sure he'll just duck the issue per usual.

I wonder if Peter's grand plan to re-election is just to outrun the coverage for the next seven months?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburb...405-story.html

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GEman's Avatar
    Roskam on WTTW "Chicago Tonight" on April 5th

Is Roskam Worried About a ‘Blue Wave’ in Illinois’ 6th District?
    --

Former Glen Ellyn Trustee, Peter Cooper, get his submitted question asked at the 9:05 mark.

"Do you believe in climate change and that mankind has accelerated global worming?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rayman29 View Post
    Please see this press release from Congressman Roskam. He went to bat for IL residents that prepaid their 2017 property taxes and he did get results:

https://roskam.house.gov/media-cente...oisans-allowed

I should note that I prepaid my taxes due in June 2018. I paid the taxes on December 28, 2017 and it appears that I will be able to deduct the payments.

Thanks Mr. Roskam. That's how to represent your people. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    Former Glen Ellyn Trustee, Peter Cooper, get his submitted question asked at the 9:05 mark. "Do you believe in climate change and that mankind has accelerated global worming?
    Cooper is a fool for asking that question, hard evidence from environmentalists and World Wide Fund for Nature that earthworms numbers are dwindling...

Earthworm numbers dwindle, threatening soil health (link)

Quote Originally Posted by Grateful View Post
    Thanks Mr. Roskam. That's how to represent your people. Keep up the good work.
    Agree or disagree with the subject matter or their activism in general, Republican backers must be proud of the fact that zero representatives or senators attended any of the seventy town hall meetings yesterday. With November looming, I cannot for the life of me understand how that's even possible. That's actually not how you represent and engage your people. It's like having a president who will only engage with the press when there is helicopter noise in the background so he can walk away and cut things short when the topic gets too stormy.

Forum Regular
    Agree or disagree with the subject matter or their activism in general, Republican backers must be proud of the fact that zero representatives or senators attended any of the seventy town hall meetings yesterday. With November looming, I cannot for the life of me understand how that's even possible. That's actually not how you represent and engage your people. It's like having a president who will only engage with the press when there is helicopter noise in the background so he can walk away and cut things short when the topic gets too stormy.
    Sorry, moving day at the Master's....

You are surprised they didn’t show up after being invited to a firing squad.

That was pure theater. There was never any intent on dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

And it has apparently been that way for the past decade. What trouble was he facing pre-Don?

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

Our Congressman is afraid of "theater?" Sorry, that's the job. No, a town hall won't deliver "dialogue" but Roskam would have been allowed to state what his positions are, if he has any. To date Roskam's strategy of keeping a low profile and getting elected solely on the "R" behind his name has worked. It's not going to work this time. The Blue Tsunami is rolling and District 6 is in its path. Roskam's only chance is to be courageous. Thus, Roskam has no chance.