Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Learn something new everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
    Can you please stop with all the name calling and bickering? This forum has become very ugly. In the past it was somewhere to find out events, news of the town, and friendly banter. Now it is angry and divided, much like our country. No one practices kindness and tolerance anymore.
    Well said! I agree they're ruining a good thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can what is already dead be ruined? ��

Well said! I agree they're ruining a good thing.

Shaming the victim via myopic moral equivalence only emboldens and rewards the bully.

GEman/BigData89 has viciously and repeatedly trolled and stalked about a dozen or so people here mercilessly for over two years now. In the most part, none really remain.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Shaming the victim via myopic moral equivalence only emboldens and rewards the bully.

GEman/BigData89 has viciously and repeatedly trolled and stalked about a dozen or so people here mercilessly for over two years now. In the most part, none really remain.
    Totally agree on where the discourse is emanating from, but I think the best course of action (short of banning him) would be to just ignore him.

What Yoss, said.. Also, my Mom always told me "Two wrongs don't make a right".

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    What Yoss, said.. Also, my Mom always told me "Two wrongs don't make a right".
    My Mom told me two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights made the first flight. On the other hand, my Dad said two wrongs don't make a right, but it damn sure makes us even.

Under learn something new, two Wrights only flew once...together...their father was terrified of losing both of them in an accident, they promised him to never fly together.

Yuki Kawauchi won the Boston Marathon today for men, his first major marathon victory.

What I learned is that he also holds the world record for the fastest marathon in a full business suit and the top time wearing a panda costume.

Did you know that if you click on a users name and view their profile, you can add that username to your "ignore list". You'll no longer see posts from that person.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Middle-I owe you a beer.

Time to block a troll.

Banned

Banned
    And that, for those interested, is the very definition of a Ponzi scheme according to the Securities and Exchange Commission:
    Again, in calling out Jombl BS, where is the fraud? The PDF you site does not use the term "ponzi scheme".

All the calculations are done from publicly available data from the pension funds.

Sounds like a really, really bad investment for new teachers, but is it a fraud?

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Did you know that if you click on a users name and view their profile, you can add that username to your "ignore list". You'll no longer see posts from that person.

GEman/BigData89 is following a clear path with a clear purpose and obvious perfectly correlated results. He's well known to everyone as are his political motivations.

He seeks to destroy what was the largest and most diverse exchange for transparent and open discussion of community affairs in the Village, bar none - one which historically has not served his clear and real political objectives at all. That he's been successful at driving out a number of active, experienced and informed community members is without doubt, nor can there be any doubt that he has successfully destroyed, derailed and polluted any number of serious conversations regarding community affairs, and has done so for years.

There can be no question that the net effect of his unremitting endless campaign of driving away considered and experienced opinion while simultaneously rendering remaining discussion unintelligible destroys the utility of the community's shared and once valuable neighborly information exchange. He presents a real and present danger to anyone who believes in the transparent and free exchange of ideas here, a civic threat of the first order. At some point recognition must be given to this fact, as well as to the years of **** with nary a single positive contribution.

The vandalism and poison is too pervasive to ignore, GEman/BigData89's stink is now ever-present and corrosive.

Banned
    Jombl, bottom line is that you just don't like it when you get called out on posting BS.

Banned
    ... with nary a single positive contribution.
    What about the coordinated request from the VofGE for positive e-mails on Five Corners gas station?

Banned
    We have a new master of hyperbole.

... what was the largest and most diverse exchange for transparent and open discussion of community affairs in the Village, bar none