Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Learn something new everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    GEman/BigData89 is following a clear path with a clear purpose and obvious perfectly correlated results. He's well known to everyone as are his political motivations.

He seeks to destroy what was the largest and most diverse exchange for transparent and open discussion of community affairs in the Village, bar none - one which historically has not served his clear and real political objectives at all. That he's been successful at driving out a number of active, experienced and informed community members is without doubt, nor can there be any doubt that he has successfully destroyed, derailed and polluted any number of serious conversations regarding community affairs, and has done so for years.

There can be no question that the net effect of his unremitting endless campaign of driving away considered and experienced opinion while simultaneously rendering remaining discussion unintelligible destroys the utility of the community's shared and once valuable neighborly information exchange. He presents a real and present danger to anyone who believes in the transparent and free exchange of ideas here, a civic threat of the first order. At some point recognition must be given to this fact, as well as to the years of **** with nary a single positive contribution.

The vandalism and poison is too pervasive to ignore, GEman/BigData89's stink is now ever-present and corrosive.
    One can only hope that his stink will find its way into Breen's hands.

Can someone explain to me the fascination with modifying your car to sound like a lawn mower when you wind it out at every stop sign?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Can someone explain to me the fascination with modifying your car to sound like a lawn mower when you wind it out at every stop sign?
    and the $2,000 wheels, the crazy paint jobs, and the lowering to 1" above the pavement. The reason is that when they are 35 and have a family, and can't much buy a house, they can have that OMG moment when they say to themselves "If I only didn't go all stupid and drop that $12K in that old car of mine that became worth nothing because of the mods, I wouldn't have as much debt, and maybe I could have put more dollars down on a house for my family of four kids." And they'll continue to think about the dumb cash layout that got them not much, for the rest of their lives.

I still feel guilty about the mag wheels and TA raised letter tires (and the other mods) I put on my '72 Mercury Comet. Made exactly $0 more because of all that when I sold it.

Little by little, the world becomes a better place...

The terror group Al-Shabaab has banned single-use plastic bags in areas of Somalia under its control

"The terror group Al-Shabaab has banned single-use plastic bags in areas of Somalia under its control, arguing that the waste is bad for the environment. Al-Shabaab's Radio Andalus reported that the terror group's governor in the Jubaland region, Mohammed Abu Abdullah, said discarded plastic bags "pose a serious threat to the well-being of humans and animals alike." How the ban would be implemented was not detailed.

The group also banned, effective immediately, the logging of indigenous trees. Ironically, as the al-Qaeda allies pretend to care about the environment, they've been long funding their nefarious activities through the illegal ivory trade.

Al-Qaeda and its allies have..."

Two-thirds of Americans live in a border zone; what are their rights?

Saw a story last night about pop-up security roadblocks in New Hampshire, 90 miles from the border...said they are and be showing up more and more in places you'd never expect. Like here.

Customs and Border Protection officers may search any vessel, aircraft, or vehicle within 100 miles of any border. Glen Ellyn is within that zone. If you travel to Michigan this summer, the entire state is within the zone...most of Wisconsin, much of Ohio...

Now you know...I did not...What are your rights?

Map of zone:
    https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/...mapped/558275/

Interesting, especially for those who don't realize this technology is moving quickly beyond its more well known niche and may someday, soon, underpin much of our financial system.
    Last edited by jombl; 07-10-2018 at 10:08 AM.

They use helicopters to rain down chemicals in Glen Ellyn...did not know that.

"The Glen Ellyn Mosquito Abatement District will be conducting adult mosquito control tomorrow night, Friday, August 3. In addition, the Eastern boundary of the District will be treated via helicopter, including the Village Links golf course."

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Chemtrails. I knew it.

I blame QAnon, they’re using the chemicals to control the weather and our minds!!! 🤪

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our, apparently, shared American heritage:

We have small public parks in quiet residential neighborhoods, just as in the video. Perhaps we could also host one of these? You know it would mix well with the GEBYBBQ.

Just in case it's not clear, here's a pic from a differant event:

Yes, those are two triple-digit weight anvils stacked together. The smoke you see is from the hand lit fuse to pound (16 ounces) of gunpowder placed between the two that will launch the upper blacksmith's anvil 250 feet in the air.
    Last edited by jombl; 08-30-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Our, apparently, shared American heritage:

We have small public parks in quiet residential neighborhoods, just as in the video. Perhaps we could also host one of these? You know it would mix well with the GEBYBBQ.

Just in case it's not clear, here's a pic from a differant event:

Yes, those are two triple-digit weight anvils stacked together. The smoke you see is from the hand lit fuse to pound (16 ounces) of gunpowder placed between the two that will launch the upper blacksmith's anvil 250 feet in the air.
    While it is interesting, it would not mix well with the GEBYBBQ. We value the safety of our visitors, competitors, vendors and volunteers (including your family!)

Had never heard of this before today, hence it's presence in this thread...research shows me there is a lot out there about this, just never crossed my radar.

SHIPS ARE MYSTERIOUSLY SINKING AS CARGO SUDDENLY LIQUEFIES (link) Newsweek

"Solid bulk cargoes – defined as granular materials loaded directly into a ship’s hold – can suddenly turn from a solid state into a liquid state, a process known as liquefaction. And this can be disastrous for any ship carrying them – and their crew.

In 2015, the 56,000-tonne bulk carrier Bulk Jupiter rapidly sunk around 300km south-west of Vietnam, with only one of its 19 crew surviving. This prompted warnings from the International Maritime Organization about the possible liquefaction of the relatively new solid bulk cargo bauxite (an aluminum ore).

A lot is known about the physics of the liquefaction of granular materials from geotechnical and earthquake engineering. The vigorous shaking of the earth causes pressure in the ground water to increase to such a level that the soil “liquefies”. Yet despite our understanding of this phenomenon, and the guidelines in place to prevent it occurring, it is still causing ships to sink and taking their crew with them.

When a solid bulk cargo liquefies, it can shift or slosh inside a ship’s hold, making the vessel..."

Alternative meanings:
    Boof, Boofed
    Was: Slang term that many have defined to mean "backdoor" sex
    Is: Flatulence for 16-year old boys at Georgetown Prep

Devil's Triangle
    Was: Sex between two men and one woman
    Is: Drinking game akin to Quarters at Georgetown Prep

Ralphing
    Was: Forcible ejection of contents of stomach through the mouth, vomiting
    Is: Irritable stomach caused by spicy food that can be diagnosed by asking everyone who has ever know the subject

FFFFFFourth of July
    Was: An inappropriate and sexually explicit acronym at Georgetown Prep “Find them, French them, Feel them, Fin*** them, F*** them, Forget them.”
    Is: The pronunciation of Independence Day by an individual at Georgetown Prep who used multiple "F"s in front of the f-bomb for effect
    Last edited by Cliché; 09-28-2018 at 03:20 PM.