Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Busses....

Received a very nice note from the district apologizing about the bus debacle. Very good of them/Gordon.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wm. Schumacher View Post
    I'm with Kevin here...and he says it with such tact.

And - Full Disclosure - I'm glad to see the old company go. Especially after a turning bus on Prospect sideswiped my car two years ago. My Lincoln Son and I were fully stopped at the intersection; the bus just turned and sideswiped us into the curb (a little like the Titanic and the Iceberg)...

Attachment 648
    Wow, I had no idea...someday you'll have better "carma". Who needs to go away for Boy Scout High Adventure when you can have it right here on the streets of Glen Ellyn!

RE: cheaper isn't better

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    Well, heads should roll. This is not only an inconvenience (thank Goodness Fanette was home this AM and will be again tomorrow AM) but it's a huge safety issue. According to my daughter her driver had absolutely no idea where she was going and was rude to the kids. Not sure how any parent can trust these idiots to get to the school and get to the school safely...which is obviously the most important.

To the D41 austerity crew - cheaper isn't always better.
    Exactly what I was thinking, Fan. This had to be a low bid for the business. For all those who bellyache about the district spending too much, take a look at "saving money" with a bus company who doesn't know how to get to the schools. My son said the driver was an hour late, and was talking to people on the street asking for directions to get to the school.

Excellent point, Kevin. You get what you pay for. The district "saved" money with this bus company. The drivers don't make anything. All the rocket scientists are busy working on rockets.

At least it sounds like those who were actually elected to represent us aren't just "chilling." Thanks.

//http://m.mysuburbanlife.com/2016/09/08/glen-ellyn-district-41-board-members-upset-with-continuing-bus-problems/a4hzwsb/

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    At least it sounds like those who were actually elected to represent us aren't just "chilling." Thanks.

//http://m.mysuburbanlife.com/2016/09/08/glen-ellyn-district-41-board-members-upset-with-continuing-bus-problems/a4hzwsb/
    Link not working

EDIT: I see what's wrong. You've got http in there twice.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    According to some FB posts this morning, people are still not being picked up by the busses.... sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    According to some FB posts this morning, people are still not being picked up by the busses.... sheesh.
    Which may explain why traffic seems to increase by a hundred fold since school has started. Took me 3 lights to get across Roosevelt this morning.

...busses to nowhere....

Another bang-up job.

My kids have only been 25 and 30 minutes late to school on the first two days....with other kids never getting picked up.

At least my kids got to visit St. Pets, Ben Franklin, Roosevelt Road and Lincoln on their way to Hadley - so that's cool I guess.

...it just doesn't seem like it should be that hard....

EDIT - Sorry I spelled buses wrong - can't edit.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    If you go 1-2 blocks in any direction from my house, the students are on a different Hadley bus route, it's terribly odd. I'm sure it looked good on paper via the optimization algorithm.