Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COD Reforms — Chapter 4

I've been homeschooling myself in that curriculum for years.

I think I need to go back to school

This may be more appropriate for some of you gents - https://extension.ucdavis.edu/course...and-winemaking

Sorry about that

Forum Hall of Famer
    Many of us foretold this outcome...

Thank you former Board Chair Kathy Hamilton, former Glen Ellyn Trustee and COD Board of Trustees attorney Timothy Elliott, current Board Chair Deanne Mazzochi and stooges Frank Napolitano and Charles Bernstein for relying on 19th-century case law.

Appellate court agrees former College of DuPage president's contract was valid (link) — Chicago Tribune

"A federal appellate court agreed Tuesday that former College of DuPage President Robert Breuder deserved a termination hearing before his contract was nullified, shooting down one of the primary legal arguments school officials used to justify firing the controversial administrator.

In a unanimous opinion, the U.S. 7th Circuit upheld an earlier district court ruling that found Breuder had a valid employment deal when the college’s board of trustees rescinded his severance package in 2015 and voted to terminate him instead. The case will now return to district court, where Breuder is suing for defamation and breach of contract."

A little bit of context, from your link:

It's unclear how the ruling will affect the lawsuit,...

“The College of DuPage respects that the Court of Appeals has ruled on the College's appeal of the denial of its motion to dismiss the Breuder lawsuit.

As is typical at this stage in the litigation, neither the appellate court nor Wood have rendered an opinion on the board’s other reasons for firing Breuder.
    I fully support the COD board in the firing and in continued litigation on this matter. Breuder, who amongst many other things nearly lost COD's accreditation, should have been fired.

Forum Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    I fully support the COD board in the firing and in continued litigation on this matter. Breuder, who amongst many other things nearly lost COD's accreditation, should have been fired.
    As I have posted time and time and time again...no support for Breuder, but the board (and their legal advice) that made this decision ****ed up and ****ed the DuPage County taxpayers. There was a way to dismiss him properly, they chose the other option. ****ing idiots!
    Last edited by Cliché; 04-17-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: To add the inept lawyers

Forum Hall of Famer
    Addendum...I posted in the last 6 months my 180 degree turnaround on Deanne Mazzochi...I have learned things in the past couple weeks that requires me to retract anything positive I ever said about her here ...I can not say more (in public), but I await the day when it does becomes public...she is the **** I thought she was!

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Many of us foretold this outcome...

Thank you former Board Chair Kathy Hamilton, former Glen Ellyn Trustee and COD Board of Trustees attorney Timothy Elliott, current Board Chair Deanne Mazzochi and stooges Frank Napolitano and Charles Bernstein for relying on 19th-century case law.

Appellate court agrees former College of DuPage president's contract was valid (link) — Chicago Tribune

"A federal appellate court agreed Tuesday that former College of DuPage President Robert Breuder deserved a termination hearing before his contract was nullified, shooting down one of the primary legal arguments school officials used to justify firing the controversial administrator.

In a unanimous opinion, the U.S. 7th Circuit upheld an earlier district court ruling that found Breuder had a valid employment deal when the college’s board of trustees rescinded his severance package in 2015 and voted to terminate him instead. The case will now return to district court, where Breuder is suing for defamation and breach of contract."
    Big time individual liability for these vigilantes who — with the assistance of the Edgar County yahoos — decided they would bath themselves in the media limelight and never pass up the chance to feed the story, regardless of consequences. Under what rock is Hamilton now hiding? Clean Slate was and is a movement that after enjoying extensive press has now been exposed as irrational reactionaries. COD suffers and GE suffers. Now the sober reality of monetary damages sinks in. Oh and the insurance policy won’t cover them...so now it gets really interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't unseen that missing "e." And it is driving me bonkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Can't unseen that missing "e." And it is driving me bonkers.
    Hah! I’m sticking with vigilantes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Addendum...I posted in the last 6 months my 180 degree turnaround on Deanne Mazzochi...I have learned things in the past couple weeks that requires me to retract anything positive I ever said about her here ...I can not say more (in public), but I await the day when it does becomes public...she is the **** I thought she was!
    She’s equal measures of loco and toxic. Selfishly I hope she gets elected so she’s out of our hair.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    A little bit of context, from your link:

Based on this opinion is there any doubt that he’s got breach of contract sewn up? Seems to me he’s entitled to summary judgment on the Breach and will get his attorneys fees to boot. Oh and the insurance policy doesn’t cover breach.