Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beer Cellar

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    I went to the new location for the first time, I really liked it. Great selection of beers, now including imported beers like my favorite, Delerium Tremens. They also serve Barone's frozen pizza. They also have a selection of beers on tap that you buy in sample size (5oz), for $3-$4 dollars.

This place is fantastic - great selection, reasonable prices, and the staff, while neckbearded, doesn't have neckbeard attitude.

like jay cutler and kyle orton?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    That's Captain Neckbeard to you.

Wonder what Orton is doing these days?

Wonder what Cutler is doing now days as well

Business is booming at The Beer Cellar in Glen Ellyn after move (link) — Suburban Life

"Less than a year after moving, The Beer Cellar in Glen Ellyn is stronger than ever. "Business is booming," owner and Wheaton resident Dave Hawley said. "I think we might be able to do double what we did last year, which is awesome."

In November, The Beer Cellar moved from its location under the store Enchantments at 534B Crescent Blvd. to a vacant space at 488 Crescent Blvd. a few blocks away. With the move, Hawley was able to add a tap room with eight taps and free up space. The Beer Cellar about doubled its square footage, going from a 650-square-foot space to 1,200 square feet.

In addition to the eight beer taps, The Beer Cellar also has a nitro line dedicated to Tugboat cold-brew coffee and a nitro line dedicated to beer. The nitro bubbles are designed to give coffee or beer a "soft creaminess," Hawley said.

In deciding to open The Beer Cellar in the first place, Hawley said he wanted to fill a void.

"It was hard to find..."

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    So if GE is this great place to be why do you have to bribe businesses to go there. How did that thing with Fresh Market or whatever it was called work out. I remember I went there once or twice and it was deserted. I think it opened up the same time as Mariano's right so that probably killed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So if GE is this great place to be why do you have to bribe businesses to go there. How did that thing with Fresh Market or whatever it was called work out. I remember I went there once or twice and it was deserted. I think it opened up the same time as Mariano's right so that probably killed that.
    Fresh Market had a glacial start . . . now doing quite well, actually. Not certain why the turn around occurred. They definitely worked on their higher-than-Whole-Foods pricing model.

Economic incentive, bribery if you will, is a well established way to lure businesses to mammoth-sized, empty 72,000 square foot spaces. And a good idea. Store has been sitting empty for four years thanks to the good people at Albertson's. No need for it to stay that way.

You should check out the concept of economic incentives. Very popular and common. Hell, they even use them to bribe companies to do business in NC. https://edpnc.com/relocate-or-expand/incentives/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So if GE is this great place to be why do you have to bribe businesses to go there.
    I'm not aware of any financial incentives offered to Beer Cellar with the first location or the second.