Thread: Beer, Bacon and Books

Beer, Bacon and Books

Beer, Bacon and Books

Where: The Glen Ellyn Public Library, 400 Duane St., Glen Ellyn

When: Feb. 26

Tickets: $20

Information: gepl.org/beer-and-books

Learn more about the craft beer you love at this celebration of all things beer, bacon, and books!

This after-hours open house will feature bacon hor d’oeuvres from Stuart McLuckie of OMG Brunch and Boutique and beer pairings by The Beer Cellar.

Keynote speaker Randy Mosher, a Chicago-based author and partner at two area breweries, will take you on an introductory tour of tasting beer, point out some of the surprising ways you interact with foods and drinks, and expose the inner taster that lies far beneath your conscious control. As unlikely as it seems, learning to taste beer — or anything — in a critical way means coming into contact with some of the more mysterious and ancient parts of your brain.

Tickets are $20.00 per person. Ticket price includes entry to the event, beer tastings, and food pairings. No one under 21 will be admitted, and a valid photo ID will be required for entry. Designated driver tickets will be available for $5.00.

A selection of books by Mosher, including Tasting Beer: An Insider’s Guide to the World’s Greatest Drink will be available for sale and signing.

Forum Regular
    I may finally find my way to the Glen Ellyn library!!! Does the roof still leak?

The drippings add flavor to the bacon.

Did the library have to apply for a special event liquor license?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    Did the library have to apply for a special event liquor license?

Obviously.

I know this company is doing the same event at the beer cellar for $5 cheaper in March. Didn't know if the cellars license allowed this or not. Is the $5 for renting the library?

You know much more than I about these events. The only thing I know for certain is that I won't be at either.

Though I must admit that I am intrigued by which parts of the human brain are considered ancient.