Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Board @ COD

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Do you suppose that tuition payment appeared on any income reported by the consultant or child on a 1040 or FAFSA?

sounds like a generous woman giving a scholarship to a promising student....

DTM, I thought you were going to lay off the edibles.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO in GE View Post
    CANNOT believe that Cliche did not jump on this.
    I'll start a new COD thread soon where the many here can post their apologies for the trolling, harrassment, bitterness, attacks I endured... the questioning if I had a "sense of decency," etc...my "Hamilton" posts mysteriously disappearing into the ether. Yea...more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    DTM, I thought you were going to lay off the edibles.
    There is so much pot smoke in the air, I don't have to eat them anymore

And oldie, but a goodie...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    So how is it financially responsible for COD that Katharine Hamilton forced Interim President Joseph Collins to hire political strategist Chris Robling to a position that was not advertised and that no other candidates were interviewed? Chris Robling has said he is doing it for free, taking our taxpayer money and donating it to charity. Huh? Wonder if it is a charity of Hamilton's. Seems very odd.
    http://glenellynforum.com/showthread...ll=1#post27523

...my "Hamilton" posts mysteriously disappearing into the ether. Yea...more to come.
    Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Is this true?
    Yes, of course...

I guess I wasn't paying all that much attention to this Hamilton stuff . . . . other than the play. What was so controversial that your posts would have been deleted?

I recall a general distaste for Bruder and general support for what Hamilton was doing, mainly because she was anti-Bruder, but I don't recall the brouhaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    I guess I wasn't paying all that much attention to this Hamilton stuff . . . . other than the play. What was so controversial that your posts would have been deleted?

I recall a general distaste for Bruder and general support for what Hamilton was doing, mainly because she was anti-Bruder, but I don't recall the brouhaha.
    Well, hard to summarize concisely but those were some active and contentious threads. I think there was overall distaste for Breuder, support for what Hamilton initially did regarding Breuder and support for the next step which was her creation of the Clean Slate to flip the board in her favor. I was in support for Hamilton's actions against Breuder but then became thee most vocal opponent here for her Clean Slate behavior and actions. I had very little support from posters here (I recall Glenly and Fan as allies) as I argumented against Hamilton, Mazzochi, and the national PAC money and partisanship they introduced to a local school board election. I had very great opposition from posters here...including two with editing privledges, so yes, some of my posts went bye bye.

I knew more than I could and can say here...but I knew Hamilton and Robling were not what COD needed. On the other hand, I was vehemently against Mazzochi and still do not like the Clean Slate approach, how she dissed PJs...but will say that her chairmanship of the board after Hamilton ran away has been good, professional and has helped the College. That said, she now has her aspirations pointed anew..."College of DuPage Board of Trustees Chairwoman Deanne Mazzochi is among those seeking to win the 47th Illinois House District seat"

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Regarding your posts that were deleted-Did the Admins warn you about a B.B. policy violation first or did they disappear without warning?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Regarding your posts that were deleted-Did the Admins warn you about a B.B. policy violation first or did they disappear without warning?
    In fairness to all involved, the context is missing...the threads were crazy...the pace of the posts mirrored only some pre-election 41 threads and maybe the Aquatic Center. Those "running" the site had their hands full.

In the spirit of the season, I'll refrain from further comment...and I'll probably get an infraction anyway
    Last edited by Cliché; 12-20-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Man, just read the entire story...some great information, I love this exceprt:

"John Hamilton, a semi-retired business executive who initially supported his wife’s political ambitions, filed for divorce in August 2016. The couple have been fighting over their estate since that time, with John Hamilton claiming in court documents that Kathy Hamilton misused more than $1 million in marital assets that would have been subject to equitable distribution.

Much of the money, he claims in court documents, went to further her now-dormant political career and was spent without his knowledge. In court records, Kathy Hamilton contends her husband’s numbers are exaggerated and that he encouraged the spending.

In addition to Robling’s consulting fees and his son’s tuition, Kathy Hamilton also hired firms to monitor online comments and websites that mentioned her, records show. In his deposition, Robling said she spent about $8,500 on technology firms to help with “reputation management.”

Maybe now I know why my posts disappeared (Although most are right here for the reading, untouched for posterity.)

There are "soft" deletes and "hard" deletes in this bulletin board software. If you could show me which thread they were from I could take a look and maybe shed light on the admin/mod side of the story. I usually "soft" delete so that admins can see the deleted posts but no one else can. Sometimes Clam comes in and "hard" deletes stuff which destroys them forever. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know how to work this thing..........

In addition to Robling’s consulting fees and his son’s tuition, Kathy Hamilton also hired firms to monitor online comments and websites that mentioned her, records show. In his deposition, Robling said she spent about $8,500 on technology firms to help with “reputation management.”
    Damnit! Are you saying we could have deleted your posts and gotten paid to do so?

Clam, this is why we are running an annual deficit around here. I thought you were the financial guy.