Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Board @ COD

I was responding to his concern regarding the inferences found in his writing. I guess the equal question would be 'What purpose is served' by his carpet bombing of ransom note like edited newspaper clips for months on end?

It's a discussion forum and he's been engaged in a dedicated and focused long term political push in which he objects to any that seek to engage him. Would it be best to allow Cliche to simply use this space as a blog? I have no problem with that if that's how you want either this thread, subject or entire forum to be - an unquestioned one-way conduit of information.

It's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    I was responding to his concern regarding the inferences found in his writing. I guess the equal question would be 'What purpose is served' by his carpet bombing of ransom note like edited newspaper clips for months on end?.
    Happy to discuss COD with anyone. I post the news articles. I don't write them. I often don't comment on them. I often don't comment on the comments. I posted something on Beer and Bacon and Books today too. That's what I do. The inferences are all yours.

I'd like to jump in for a moment to point out that I will not be voting for Pete Roskam.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator1 View Post
    What purpose is served here? Why not just ignore him if you don't like the way he writes. Honestly, almost everyone on here is tired of this...

And people wonder why this forum is stagnant and doesn't grow....Of course, I think there are certain posters here that would prefer the forum doesn't grow in popularity and traffic...

Quote Originally Posted by Nika View Post
    And people wonder why this forum is stagnant and doesn't grow.
    Who sits around and wonders that?

Quote Originally Posted by middlein87 View Post
    Who sits around and wonders that?
    I just did.

I'm happy to help out and moderate, but it's getting tougher. Since everyone is adults here, our job should be limited to controlling outside trolls, closing long threads, moving things to their proper place, Etc. Mods and Admins have families, jobs, volunteer in the community and need to try and find time to babysit the GEF. If everyone would remember that the other posters are REAL PEOPLE and not just a screen name, maybe it could be more civil and the GEF would become a place people want to visit and participate.

Before you hit enter, take a moment and think if you were responding to your mother would you write it that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator1 View Post
    Before you hit enter, take a moment and think if you were responding to your mother would you write it that way...
    If you could leave my Mom out of this, I'd appreciate it. If it helps, I could make this forum my personal blog, PM me if interested.

Does anyone know if the three "Clean Slate 2.0" candidates in the upcoming April 4 COD board election are also Tea Partiers?

Quote Originally Posted by newgrangian View Post
    Does anyone know if the three "Clean Slate 2.0" candidates in the upcoming April 4 COD board election are also Tea Partiers?
    What is a Tea Partier? Also Tea Partiers?

I heard both Mr. Bennett and Mrs. Fenne speak at Committeeman meetings. Seem like good people. Haven't met Mr. Triantafillos yet, but in my book, if Frank Napolitano reccommends him, that pretty good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by newgrangian View Post
    Here is a letter to the Editor in Suburban Life from Deanne Mazzochi, Chairwoman, College of DuPage Board of Trustees and Frank Napolitano,Secretary, College of DuPage Board of Trustees, if this helps.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2017/0...e-2-0/aryhasv/

To the editor:

In 2015, you elected three Clean Slate candidates committed to urgently needed reforms. We delivered proven results. College of DuPage now reflects your voice and values. But important work remains. To continue needed reforms, we encourage your April 4 vote for Clean Slate 2.0: Christine Fenne and Taso Triantafillos (ballot positions 1 and 2 for the 6-year term), along with unopposed Alan Bennett.

These three will help secure COD's future, support innovation and restore COD as the preeminent community college in the nation. Christine Fenne (Wheaton Public Library board president), Taso Triantafillos (Addison District 4 school board) and Alan Bennett (experienced higher education planner and former municipal trustee) will maintain highest ethical standards, pursue best practices and support reforms underway. COD’s current board has put forth tremendous effort to ensure a new accountability. Alan, Christine and Taso need your vote on April 4. They definitely have ours.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    I believe it does - thanks, Cliche!

How could I have been duped so badly? I stood up for this woman . . . . http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...204-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    How could I have been duped so badly? I stood up for this woman . . . . http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...204-story.html
    CANNOT believe that Cliche did not jump on this. Didn't current COD Chair and State Rep candidate Mazzochi support this silly shill position for Robling?

From the Trib article:

"Botti said the financial arrangement was approved by an attorney who advised Hamilton on political matters. That attorney could not be reached for comment."

Who is the attorney? Could it be the COD attorney who is a former Village Trustee and currently a County Board Member?! The same guy that served as a member of THAT DuPage Water Commission?

Yes, Clam - I supported her as well.. Ugh.

So do I have this straight?

Hamilton becomes Board pres and gets Robling a job with the College administration. The job is intended to be "temporary". Robling claims he's going to to give his salary to charity. His selected charity is Georgetown University (or maybe a foundation associated with it?). Meanwhile, wealthy Hinsdalean Hamilton "gifts" her own money to Robling's kid to pay his tuition at Georgetown.

For added fun, the Hamiltons in the past paid the college tuition of another subordinate (unrelated to COD)?

And lastly, since I've got a senior at Glenbard about to go to college, how do I get to be friends with the Hamiltons?