Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The New Board @ COD

The New Board @ COD

It looks like the new member will be a twenty-something Downers Grove native, David Olsen:

Olsen, who was named Mayor Pro Tem of Downers Grove last year, is an ethics and compliance analyst for BP.

Olsen was president of the student government at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduated with degrees in finance and management. After graduation, he returned to his hometown of Downers Grove.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    It looks like the new member will be a twenty-something Downers Grove native, David Olsen:
    ... and rising figure in the local Republican Party.

Was there another candidate that Democratic Committeeman McGuire put forward, or did Birt? Perhaps Wozniak? I don't recall them making even an attempt to find a new member.

To many, it looks like they got exactly who their actions asked for - an ethics and compliance analyst with wide support in his community.

At this point, I'm glad that COD will now have a functioning board. We will have to observe his initial votes to ascertain how he may tip the balance of power on the board.

And then, there are those pesky felonies committed by the Breuder trustees for the past months. The felonies don't go away simply because the trustees decide to stop committing crimes. The citizens have a right to demand accountability for the misdeeds.

Here's why the Birt/Breuder Bunch wanted Lopez to choose the 7th COD trustee., Lopez is a former member of the teacher's union board of directors and a previously reliable Democratic primary voter. No doubt they counted on him to be sympathetic:

The man charged with choosing the next member of the College of DuPage board is a "game-changing" educator, the son of Cuban immigrants ... whose full-time job is assistant superintendent of teaching and learning at Northwest Suburban High School District 214'

As a principal, he transformed Wheeling High School into a science and technology-focused school with the state's first high school nanotechnology lab, which then-Secretary of Education Arne Duncan called a model of innovation. In 2013, Lopez was Illinois Principal of the Year.

In a profile written by Roosevelt University, where Lopez got his master's degree in educational administration, Lopez said he was the first in his family to go to college.

"I decided I needed to help those who, like me, were struggling to find a path," he told the interviewer.
    Newly motivated, he started with an associate degree in 1996 from COD. In 2010, he received his doctorate of education degree from Aurora University.
    Lopez, 48, taught English at John Hersey High School in Arlington Heights, was hired as an assistant principal at Harry D. Jacobs High School in Algonquin in 2004, and was named Wheeling High School principal in 2007.

While a teacher Lopez was on the union's board of directors.... According to the Cook County clerk's office, he pulled Democratic ballots in the 2000, 2004 and 2008 presidential primaries, but in the March 2014 gubernatorial primary he took a Republican ballot.

Dussling said that from what he knows of Lopez, he won't fall into the politics and drama that has plagued the College of DuPage in recent months but will make a decision with students in mind.
    "You look at him and know, this is not just a high school guy. This is a guy who understands education all the way up," Dussling said. "His whole focus is for students and what can be done to do a better job for them. This guy is a game changer."

Apparently Cliche and McGuire are apoplectic that the cunning plan to wrestle away the vote from the elected board members didn't work out quite as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Apparently Cliche and McGuire are apoplectic that the cunning plan to wrestle away the vote from the elected board members didn't work out quite as planned.
    de·co·rum
    synonyms: propriety, seemliness, decency, good taste, correctness

Please stop posting lies about my positions. I have never posted anything about the Democratic Party or McGuire.

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Read the sentence you quoted again. It states that you "are apoplectic that the cunning plan to wrestle away the vote from the elected board members didn't work out quite as planned."

It says the same about McGuire and refers to the two of you not as a unit, but in parallel. So, having said that, which of the ideas in that sentence do you feel does not apply to you:

1. You are not happy over the choice of David Olsen.
    2. You felt it needed to take the choice of the replacement to the ICCB.
    3. The ICCB choice was not as you expected.

I think that many of those left who have not yet put you on their ignore list will feel that the impressions of the ideas that you have communicated here are honestly inferred from your positions, writing, emphasis, exclusions and clear meaning.

Postscript.
    The way you've treated those you've differed with leaves a lot to be desired. One poor newcomer here who made the mistake of commenting on COD you attacked and tried to intimidate within minutes - aggressively outing that person by profession and place of work while tying them by name to a commentator on a thread attached to a Daily Herald article. That was a moment that stunned every observer, not just the aggression - but the deep and unsettling cross referencing of community members. Separately, the list of times and differant people you've attacked here as "Liars!" is as numerous as the times you've handed out your pre-printed card to so many with detailed instructions on how to add someone to an 'ignore list' (advice, I'll note, that you give freely yet never take for yourself). Add to this the repeated classic trolling by meme.

And this is all just here on the subject of the College of Dupage. Try to be civil and above all never be wedded to your opinions, they don't know you and will never feel wronged if you forsake them for their better's.

Last edited by jombl; 02-13-2016 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    de·co·rum
    synonyms: propriety, seemliness, decency, good taste, correctness

Please stop posting lies about my positions. I have never posted anything about the Democratic Party or McGuire.

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post

Pretty certain you're supposed to be part of the solution, DTM.

I am. Cliche seems to get riled up when someone dared to counter him. Just want to make sure he knows how to not see those hurtful posts. What is the phrase? "Physician heal thyself"

Wow, this thread got weird in a hurry.

"Lighten up Francis(is)"

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    I am. Cliche seems to get riled up when someone dared to counter him. Just want to make sure he knows how to not see those hurtful posts. What is the phrase? "Physician heal thyself"
    Again, this is like hosting a party and being rude to the guests that you have invited.

Anyone else sick of Cliche's repeating of instructions on how to silence people who disagree with Cliche? I'd fight fire with fire by suggesting that everyone block Cliche... but that would violate the principle of freedom of speech and the spirit of having open, meaningful, spirited debate. So, no, I guess i'll just keep rolling my eyes and moving on to the next post with something meaningful to contribute.

Like you, Realist, Cliché is a beloved member of our online community and should be embraced for his individuality. If we were all the same, we'd . . . . . all be the same. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Realist View Post
    Anyone else sick of Cliche's repeating of instructions on how to silence people who disagree with Cliche? I'd fight fire with fire by suggesting that everyone block Cliche... but that would violate the principle of freedom of speech and the spirit of having open, meaningful, spirited debate. So, no, I guess i'll just keep rolling my eyes and moving on to the next post with something meaningful to contribute.
    I don't have any issue with posters disagreeing with me. I have an issue with posters using my name and attributing false positions in order to make an argument. Not sure how suggesting people block me violates anyone's freedom of speech. Have a nice day.