Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Schmid Pharmacy building

Quote Originally Posted by GESince1958 View Post
    No crazier than $$$ for a carpet store on Roosevelt. Yet I agree, they have lost their minds. Worst trustee board ever.
    But they have a pot of gold ...

Schmid Pharmacy building

Quote Originally Posted by GEman View Post
    But they have a pot of gold ...
    You had a better view than me.

Last edited by Perplexed; 05-23-2017 at 10:21 PM.

if we only had this photo when Little Chutes was around.

Flip's?

Also, the KFC/Taco bell combo.

Los B's?

Giordano's

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Can't recall what was in current Santa Fe before they moved there?
    Can anyone answer this? It's driving me a little nuts. I remember there was a Chinese place next door (now Shannon's).

With the remaining multiple building vacancies available (most of which were not a restaurant in the past), this type of a decision would seem to set a precedent for future potential owner/operators. Between the Giesche location, the former Soukups location, and the Katy's boutique spot, there are many previous non-restaurant locations in play.

I'm not saying this is a good thing or a bad thing. Like I mentioned in my post above, the Village has a stake in getting empty buildings occupied with tax contributing business.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Can anyone answer this? It's driving me a little nuts. I remember there was a Chinese place next door (now Shannon's).
    When I was growing up it was LaValle Toy and Hobby Shop. I can't remember what was there between LaVelle's and Santa Fe. Before Santa Fe moved to the Main Street location, it was located where Enza is now. Santa Fe moved into that location when Johnson's closed.

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Lom Ling?

Lom Ling?
    Ain't that in Lombard?

May Ling . . . Lom's hot sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    Ain't that in Lombard?

May Ling . . . Lom's hot sister.
    Yes and yes, put that question mark because I knew that wasn't it

Riviera Jewelers has some activity. Probably expansion from the south.

Between the McKee House and this...I think the Village Board has lost their mind.

Glen Ellyn microbrewery could get tax incentive (link) — Daily Herald

"Glen Ellyn trustees are set to award a tax incentive to developers who have run into mounting costs to convert an aging retail building into a restaurant and microbrewery downtown.

Developers sought a sales tax rebate to fill a funding gap in the roughly $3.1 million project to purchase and renovate the former Schmid store into the Two Hound Red Microbrewery off Pennsylvania Avenue.

Glen Ellyn Brewing LLC bought the property for $760,000. Now that crews have started demolition work, developers have more specific estimates of the project's cost. That price tag is significantly higher than expected in part because of the age and condition of the building -- vacant for more than six years.

Developers also say they are installing new infrastructure to serve a spacious restaurant and brewery in the 7,900-square-foot building.

Last November, trustees agreed to provide $30,000 for interior and facade renovations. The village would use tax increment financing dollars to reimburse developers once that work is complete.

Next month, trustees could approve an additional $120,000 in financial assistance. Of that, $15,000 would go toward installing a sprinkler system.

The rebate agreement expires in 10 years -- or until developers get back up to $105,000 in sales tax revenue, whichever occurs first.

The village would receive a base amount of $15,000 in sales taxes generated by Two Hound Red Microbrewery. The remaining sales tax revenue would be shared, with the village keeping 25 percent and rebating 75 percent to developers over the life of the agreement. Trustees informally expressed support for the incentives earlier this month. They could vote to approve the package June 12.

Developers estimate that the restaurant and brewery could make roughly $1.79 million in sales from food, beverages and packaged beer in the first year."
    Looks like GE isn't the only community to offer incentives;

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/2017...new-restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Before Santa Fe moved to the Main Street location, it was located where Enza is now. Santa Fe moved into that location when Johnson's closed.
    So in a weird ironic twist, the Enza space used to be Lemon Tree, opened by the owners of May Ling.

Glen Ellyn will provide tax incentive for developers of microbrewery (link) — Daily Herald

"Glen Ellyn trustees have approved an economic incentive agreement intended to fill a funding gap in the estimated $3.1 million project to acquire and overhaul the former Schmid store downtown.

Jon With and John Lindstrom are now putting together the menu and starting their search for staffing for Two Hound Red Microbrewery. They also have tapped Kenny Grommon, who previously worked for Two Brothers, as master brewer, With said.

Roughly 80 percent of ..."

Looks like the exterior work at Two Hound has finally started. By the looks of the slow progress though, I'm assuming that spring is likely the opening timeframe for this location, maybe late winter if they pick up steam on the work.