Thread: Rug cleaner

Question Rug cleaner

Who's a good rug cleaner around here? Meaning: I roll up my rug and bring in to a shop for a few days? Cost? It's small like 3' x 5' hand knot Indian wool. When I look up info on cleaning-it states I can clean out in yard with hose (go figure) but it being a tad cool right now, I'm not in good shape with that idea.

We've had good luck with Best Way in Wheaton. I have not done a price comparison, but we've always been happy with them.

A girl at work said that too. Best Way. Wonder how much that's gonna cost me? I have a message out to them to get a quote.

I used this guy several times. He is not the cheapest but very good. He did my wool rugs once, also has done upholstery and carpeting. Chemdry http://www.yellowpages.com/wheaton-i...em-dry-7487852

I don't they have carry in service.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    +1 to Best Way

The spot area I cleaned/watered down looks 1000% better. Will vacuum once thoroughly dry. Will check for odor. My friends tell me it will cost a lot to take in even just for a little rug like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupechennel View Post
    The spot area I cleaned/watered down looks 1000% better. Will vacuum once thoroughly dry. Will check for odor. My friends tell me it will cost a lot to take in even just for a little rug like that.
    If it still has odors, Natures Miracle works well.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Zero Odor does well too - my poor boy cat has IBS so I'm getting well versed in cleaners and deodorizers.

Yeah - I immediately did the nature's miracle and a soft brush and cloths. towels under too. Let dry elevated. Managed to still have that nature's miracle left even though my little ones have been gone well over a year and a half. Neighbor dog nailed my rub So out of character for her too. Now to stick my nose down there and give it a good sniff. Ich. Best Way got in touch with me. Probably about 53 bucks. I may still take in even though the rug looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupechennel View Post
    Yeah - I immediately did the nature's miracle and a soft brush and cloths. towels under too. Let dry elevated. Managed to still have that nature's miracle left even though my little ones have been gone well over a year and a half. Neighbor dog nailed my rub So out of character for her too. Now to stick my nose down there and give it a good sniff. Ich. Best Way got in touch with me. Probably about 53 bucks. I may still take in even though the rug looks very good.
    I know tha this is an old post Did you get your rug cleaned?? Looking to drop off a couple fo wool rugs.

Quote Originally Posted by southge View Post
    I know tha this is an old post Did you get your rug cleaned?? Looking to drop off a couple fo wool rugs.
    Best Way

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Best Way
    Thanks. Will drop them off today

We always take our rugs to Best Way. There is a discount for doing so. They have always returned them clean as all get out.