Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Darwin Award winner

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar

Must see TV from my UA days.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Must see TV from my UA days.

Suspect Falls to Death From Atop Crane at Los Angeles Port (link) US News and World Report

"The Port of Los Angeles said Thursday it was reviewing security measures after a suspected car thief drove onto the sprawling complex during a police chase and climbed to the top of a loading crane, dangling over edges and stripping naked before falling to his death.

The man plunged 160 feet (49 meters) to the ground and died about three hours after he first scaled the crane Wednesday night. It's not clear whether he slipped or jumped deliberately, Los Angeles fire officials said.

The coroner's office on Thursday identified the man as 23-year-old James Llamas. Officials did not immediately know where he lived.

Police in Los Angeles spotted the Subaru SUV reported stolen from..."

Largest recorded storm ever in the Atlantic . . . surf is definitely up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Irma-wave.html

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Photo of the deceased?Spicoli.jpg

Clamato, good one, surprised we didn't see others from the past 4 days.

This is a local one, tragic, but if it is (was) as written, qualifies...

Harvard Man, 21, Killed While Moving from Driver’s Seat to Pickup Truck Bed on Crowley Rd

"Joshua M. Trepanned, the 21-year-old male driver from Harvard, was killed after reportedly getting out of of the driver’s seat of his pickup truck while it was moving. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski said information was provided to her office indicating Trepanier was driving a small pickup truck with two passengers. The driver left the truck as it was moving, reportedly to get to the truck bed, and fell onto the road, suffering fatal injuries..."

Straight up Thelma & Louise way out of the game.

http://jalopnik.com/two-dead-after-d...ium=socialflow

Funny, I read that this morning, deserves the award....nine of the dam’s 10 turbines were off...otherwise he gets sucked in

now I know what a "stag do" is...

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    now I know what a "stag do" is...
    British for bachelor party... Normally they seem to be held in Prague (or Amsterdam for window shopping and pot), so these guys must have money. The Brits are far far more obnoxious on at their bachelor parties than we are... Sadly I know this from personal experience.

Nice attempt, but flamed out on the finish...no award but he might be back.

Porsche explodes after driver lights up cigarette while transporting gas can (link) —ABC

"Many people in the Tampa Bay Area are transporting gas cans to help fill up generators or bring extra gas to other vehicles. If you're planning to fill up extra gas cans after Hurricane Irma, be very careful. FHP responded to a Porsche in flames on southbound I-275 in Pinellas County after the driver reportedly lit a cigarette while transporting a gas can in the passenger seat of the car. The driver told troopers that he began to smoke the cigarette and gas spilled out of the container and the 2017 Porsche 718 caught on fire. The car was destroyed, but luckily, the 70-year-old driver got out safely without any injuries."

Another very good try by some kooky kids from Naperville, maybe they thought it was a buffalo...

Wedding-reception guests jump fence, chase bison at Wildlife Prairie Park (link) Peoria Journal Star

Wedding receptions brim with heartwarming rituals: toasting the couple, cutting the cake, chasing the bison ...

OK, maybe that last one isn’t so much a time-honored tradition as booze-fueled shenanigans. But that’s what happened at a recent wedding reception at Wildlife Prairie Park. Three intoxicated guests, including two groomsmen, allegedly climbed a fence and dashed after bison.

Because the Peoria County Sheriff’s Office has been contacted about the matter, Dillow did not want to discuss any details of the Sept. 9 reception. The happy couple is Sarah Moyer and Alec O’Dell of the Chicago suburb of Naperville; they did not immediately return my requests for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    chasing the bison ...
    I was really hoping that Urban Dictionary would have a good definition for "Chasing the Bison"... Sadly, nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I was really hoping that Urban Dictionary would have a good definition for "Chasing the Bison"... Sadly, nothing...
    My father had three hetro sons, dunno...