Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Cubs

well played, sir!

who the hell wears a bucket to a baseball game? was it a dunce cap?

Cub fan wears bucket, probably saved his life

Quote Originally Posted by DTM View Post
    who the hell wears a bucket to a baseball game? was it a dunce cap?

Cub fan wears bucket, probably saved his life
    Little back story, makes sense.

https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-...ky-to-be-alive

"The 20-year-old Iowa man said he began wearing the bucket with his family as a "rally cap" after he saw former Cubs player Starlin Castro wear one a few years ago. McAleer said he put the bucket on his head about a half-inning before his injury. He said he believes he might have been killed without it. "It might have fractured my skull. It definitely could have been fatal. I am extremely lucky," McAleer said."

Pat Hughes discussing the lyrics to BJ Thomas' "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" on the broadcast tonight....gonna stick with the broadcast in hopes he opines on Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight"

#putz

End of an idiot.

“Right now it hasn’t hit me,” Harrelson said before his final broadcast. “It’ll hit me later on in the game. The only thing I want to do is take this game and kick the Cubs’ a**.”

Oops, not meant to be. How enjoyable to send Yox off with a loss from the team he hates the most...Good For You Hawk, For You and the horse you rode in on, take your can of corn and grab some bench!

Hey hey, goodbye
    Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye.

Mrs. Yoss’s family are SOX fans, so I’ve been stuck watching their games. Not that I mind watching the team per se, but it was Hawk’s brutal calling of games. It he was pretty much a bastard to co-workers he didn’t care for. I felt bad for Steve Stone and SOX fans, they both deserved better.

He gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Mrs. Yoss’s family are SOX fans, so I’ve been stuck watching their games. Not that I mind watching the team per se, but it was Hawk’s brutal calling of games. It he was pretty much a bastard to co-workers he didn’t care for. I felt bad for Steve Stone and SOX fans, they both deserved better.
    Not a Sox hater at all, and I know Hawk is beloved by many a Sox fan, I get it, but, as a Cubs fan who is not a Sox hater, I never understood the hate Hawk showed and preached towards the Cubs, Wrigley Field and their fans. It is a game, fans root for their team...Hawk seemed to be filled with envious hate that the Cubs fans showed up each and every year in droves, filled the stands regardless of the product on the field (albeit, often terrible) and enjoyed themselves at the ballpark, win or lose (most often). God Bless Steve Stone, one of the best. I only wish the best for the Sox, maybe they will make a play and "steal" Pat Hughes away (One can hope and pray).

Quote Originally Posted by Minnesoter View Post
    He gone.

Thanks Minnesoter, I delight in the "humor" of Hawk's pain (and of course, victims of fascism).

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    Thanks Minnesoter, I delight in the "humor" of Hawk's pain (and of course, victims of fascism).
    I married into a Sox family. My father is from Detroit, so I grew up liking his teams, but I'm not a super-fan of any team, any more...

Anyways - boy do they hate the Cubs, and get viscerally angry when I buy my boys cute Cubs stuff. I never realized that Hawk fed into that. My annoyance with him started and ended with his "he gone."

I married into a Sox family. My father is from Detroit, so I grew up liking his teams, but I'm not a super-fan of any team, any more...

Anyways - boy do they hate the Cubs, and get viscerally angry when I buy my boys cute Cubs stuff. I never realized that Hawk fed into that. My annoyance with him started and ended with his "he gone."
    I was born into a die-hard Cubs family, my father worked at Wrigley as a teen, I rebelled and rooted for the Pirates because of my favorite player, Roberto Clemente, much to my Dad's dismay...and then after Clemente's tragic death in 1972, felt I had nothing to root for any longer with the Pirates and "came back home" to the Cubs.

I know you like hockey, Red Wings fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I was born into a die-hard Cubs family, my father worked at Wrigley as a teen, I rebelled and rooted for the Pirates because of my favorite player, Roberto Clemente, much to my Dad's dismay...and then after Clemente's tragic death in 1972, felt I had nothing to root for any longer with the Pirates and "came back home" to the Cubs.

I know you like hockey, Red Wings fan?
    Yes. Red Wings fan and Golden Gophers fan.

Yes. Red Wings fan...
    Not a bad fandom to be "born" into...thanks Dad.