Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realtor Recommendation

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Chances are you'll have ner do wells casing your house under the guise of potential buyers.

Is Sean Spicer writing Clam's posts now?

Quote Originally Posted by isaac View Post
    Is Sean Spicer writing Clam's posts now?
    That is kind of funny. I like it.

I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

Can't wait for him to bring over his lawyer friends to "take a look" at his deed, bill of sale, ALTA, affidavit of title, survey and title commitment he downloaded off legalzoom.

They owe it to him - he may have given their names out once or twice - and they may have benefitted from their friendship with him.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

Can't wait for him to bring over his lawyer friends to "take a look" at his deed, bill of sale, ALTA, affidavit of title, survey and title commitment he downloaded off legalzoom.

They owe it to him - he may have given their names out once or twice - and they may have benefitted from their friendship with him.
    Well, since you've brought this thread to a whole different level, let me ask you this. I have two people whom I consider really good friends who are realtors. And one very good acquaintance. As I am unlikely to liquidate my asset via FSBO, though asking about the process has certainly set you ablaze and, yes, I realize how you make your living and who you represent . . . . who gets the business?

BTW, if I have asked you for real legal advice in the past and you feel as though I have taken advantage of you, please have KT send a bill to the address below and I will get you a check.

James R. Burket
    601 Glen Ellyn Place
    Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

Wow. Very sensitive today. Thought you could always take a good natured ribbing.

I'll go back to my hole now.

Final thought though - my answer of your question above could be categorized as a request for free legal advice fwiw. So, if I told you, I'd have to kill, errr, bill you.

You continue to be a horrible man. A horrible man.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamato View Post
    You continue to be a horrible man. A horrible man.
    I can't hear you in my hole.

Oh, and Fanette said I was being mean to you. She didn't pick up on the jest intended to be read in the comments. So, for that, I'm sorry

I sold my last house using a flat fee MLS listing service. Cost me $400 to list on the MLS and have a yard sign installed. You have to do all the work but it was well worth saving the 2.5% list agent fee. Not sure what the listing agents around Glen Ellyn charge but it could be big savings. Most if not all buyers will find your home online so your house will sell if priced right. I think there are some great realtors out there but for me it's worth the low cost of selling on my own. Realtors may not be excited about the concept but the internet has changed many industries not just real estate.

Quote Originally Posted by tomjefferson View Post
    I sold my last house using a flat fee MLS listing service. Cost me $400 to list on the MLS and have a yard sign installed. You have to do all the work but it was well worth saving the 2.5% list agent fee. Not sure what the listing agents around Glen Ellyn charge but it could be big savings. Most if not all buyers will find your home online so your house will sell if priced right. I think there are some great realtors out there but for me it's worth the low cost of selling on my own. Realtors may not be excited about the concept but the internet has changed many industries not just real estate.
    We did the same thing. The trick is that we paid the buyers agent 2.5%. Our seller fee to the broker (which included pictures and MLS listings) was around 600. We basically did the negotiation and had multiple offers.

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class GESince1958's Avatar