Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: D41 Administrator Speaks At Florida Conference with D41 Vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Is she bringing any emotional support animals?
    I hope not, American just banned emotional support llamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    An erroneous inference - Although, I can see in your mad rush to defend The "WatchDog", how you would neglect to actually read the post.....It sounds good to hear your own words, doesn't it?
    So you don’t have said requested example?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    I hope not, American just banned emotional support llamas.

Turkey on Delta still my all time favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Delta Turkey.jpg

Since we have ventured into Dr. Doolittle territory, the use of "Watch Dog" or "Watchdog" is troubling me here. Aren't guard dogs or watch dogs somewhat honorable...to stand guard, protect. Guard and watch dogs don't rummage through garbage looking for scraps, maybe refer to him as a racccoon or rat?

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Since we have ventured into Dr. Doolittle territory..........maybe refer to him as a racccoon or rat?
    RAT.jpg
    Slipping out of his WatchRat information chamber........He protects the Kevin's and Jombl's of this District!!!
    (Cue ominous, dark, super hero music)

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rath View Post
    So you don’t have said requested example?
    Nice of you to, once again, jump in the middle of something without having paid attention.

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    .... paid attention.
    Simple stuff, Love. If no theoretical comes to mind to the contrary, then one would have to imagine that you agree with the community that legislatively regulated education funds are not to be used to fund vacations for family members. If so, we agree and there's no need for your sputtering rage as we're all friends here.

Still, all of this is just a theoretical over the possible implications of what might be no more than a typo.

The only real debate is over spacing of the em dash. I'm clearly with the spacing side.

(Cliché, you are right of course, but I'll have to work on typing out longhand the unicode U+2014/Alt 0151 properly rather than relying on my em-dashless keyboard and leaning on the prose to define the punc. No promises.)
    Last edited by jombl; 05-17-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    Simple stuff, Love. If no theoretical comes to mind to the contrary, then one would have to imagine that you agree with the community that legislatively regulated education funds are not to be used to fund vacations for family members. If so, we agree and there's no need for your sputtering rage as we're all friends here.
    I hardly sputter....drool quite often (Especially when reading this Forum). If you used the same intellect with which you have admonished me, you would understand the point was not that I agree with personal vacations paid for with "legislatively regulated education funds". Rather, that our beloved WatchRat has no idea, beyond speculation, what the payment structure of the reimbursement is for. Instead of asking questions, he continues to cast aspersions. My "sputtering" is not with you, Jombl. I was just surprised to see you jump on the bandwagon without the ability to have full disclosure.

Do you not like me pushing our WatchRat towards legitimacy by correcting his numerous errors in judgement, or are you more of the camp that decries all D41 spending in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    (Cliché, you are right of course, but I'll have to work on typing out longhand the unicode U+2014/Alt 0151 properly rather than relying on my em-dashless keyboard and leaning on the prose to define the punc. No promises.)
    Jombl, I wasn't trying to be right or point out an error, but I know you enjoy these things as do I. On the Mac, no EM dash either... keyboard has a hyphen for lc, uc is EN dash...for an EM dash we use that key and press shift/option to get an EM. Sadly, I encounter this almost everyday...although with this current workforce generation, I'm counseling that an "&" should be "and" and inch marks are not quotes.

Totally appreciated. It can be a little arcane, but I do enjoy it in moderation.

The biggest problem with the em dash is that its name is a typographical instruction — literally a dash the width of the M. This undermines my implied argument that the dash is defined by its usage, which as you know is how I work around the limitations of a windows keyboard.

Thanks for letting that cat out of the bag.