Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: D41 Administrator Speaks At Florida Conference with D41 Vendor

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    ...your creepiness knows no bounds.
    Plus 1....unfreakinbelievable.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jombl View Post
    GE Love, setting aside your sputtering anger and 'love it or leave it' D41 absolute fealty for just a second - is there any possible scenario where a six-figure salaried administrator would/should ever be authorized to draw on educational funds earmarked by law for the benefit of schoolchildren to be used for personal vacation expenses?

If you can produce even a single theoretical example, I've no doubt many would be interested.
    Aside from your incredible run-on sentence, that has to be the most inane thing you have posted here. You missed everyone's point (Except your own) once again.

I just wish this public watchdog would answer these very simple questions:

Do you have any actual evidence that an expense was added, AND PAID FOR BY PUBLIC FUNDS, as a result of this public servant bringing her kids to an away trip?

If so, what evidence do you have?

Which board members are lucky enough to get your “research”?

Which board members are not lucky enough to get your "research"?

How did you make a determination as to who gets this information and who does not?

Do you know if these chosen few board members share it with the administration and the other members?

I await the responses with bated breath.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GE Fan View Post
    I just wish this public watchdog would answer these very simple questions:.
    Considering he is a public watchdog, I would think he would be happy to answer any and all questions from a taxpayer.
    He is a champion for transparency, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GE Love View Post
    Considering he is a public watchdog, I would think he would be happy to answer any and all questions from a taxpayer.
    Watchdoggin' is serious business...
    Watson_the_watchdog.jpg

Aside from your incredible run-on sentence, that has to be the most inane thing you have posted here. You missed everyone's point (Except your own) once again.
    Your point was explicitly that there may be scenarios where taxpayer funded private vacations for family members might be okay. I simply asked if you could produce even one theoretical example of when that might be. It is your argument.

As to your first point, there was no run-on sentence. At all. The sentence was proper, though some might quibble with the spacing of an em dash. I prefer spaced em dashes, some do not. As our house grammarian has fled the state for finer pastures, you'll have to work around the space or no space uncertainty. To each his own.

He is a champion for transparency, right?
    Keep yammering. And I answer to you, why? Same with the other four. You guys want to protect our public entities from being questioned, so go at it. I don't subscribe to your BS.

The sentence was proper, though some might quibble with the spacing of an em dash. I prefer spaced em dashes, some do not. As our house grammarian has fled the state for finer pastures, you'll have to work around the space or no space uncertainty. To each his own.
    Not to quibble (or bicker), but I don't see any EM dashes in your posts, I see EN dashes...

- Hyphen
    – EN dash
    — EM dash

Side note. Chicago Manual of Style has maintained no space on EM or EN, and elipses...many of us disagreed and use space, .25 or .5 if one has those types of controls.

Jombl, read a horrying article just the other day..."Science" now says double spaces after periods...
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fa6c9c4b922e
    Last edited by Cliché; 05-16-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ackerman View Post
    Keep yammering. And I answer to you, why? Same with the other four. You guys want to protect our public entities from being questioned, so go at it. I don't subscribe to your BS.
    Question public entities all you like... I would still like to see the expense report or proof that we the tax payers payed for the family to go on vacation. That should be pretty easy since you got that from an FOIA document.

Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    Question public entities all you like... I would still like to see the expense report or proof that we the tax payers payed for the family to go on vacation. That should be pretty easy since you got that from an FOIA document.
    I don't believe the trip has even happened yet, it is a planned trip...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Cliché View Post
    I don't believe the trip has even happened yet, it is a planned trip...no?
    There still must be some paperwork that lead him to the conclusion that the family is going...

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed View Post
    There still must be some paperwork that lead him to the conclusion that the family is going...
    Yes, he said "...on the flight document it appears that our PR person will be accompanied by her 2 children." Clearly a booking was made for a party of 3, which any normal person would do in such a situation.

What is not known from the watchdog, was if the employee's reimbursement request was for the entire family (doubtful), or for the employee flight cost only (likely).

Quote Originally Posted by NEBF View Post
    Yes, he said "...on the flight document it appears that our PR person will be accompanied by her 2 children." Clearly a booking was made for a party of 3, which any normal person would do in such a situation.

What is not known from the watchdog, was if the employee's reimbursement request was for the entire family (doubtful), or for the employee flight cost only (likely).
    Exactly

Forum Regular
    Your point was explicitly that there may be scenarios where taxpayer funded private vacations for family members might be okay..
    An erroneous inference - Although, I can see in your mad rush to defend The "WatchDog", how you would neglect to actually read the post.....It sounds good to hear your own words, doesn't it?

Forum Regular - Vociferous Class Yossarian's Avatar
    Is she bringing any emotional support animals?