PDA

View Full Version : 7A Semi post Fenwick v IHSA

Cliché
11-22-2016, 10:37 AM
Fenwick deserves to play in state final game, not Plainfield North (link) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-haugh-fenwick-plainfield-north-spt-1123-20161122-column.html) Chicago Tribune

"Nobody wants the outcome of a high school football game that starts on a Saturday night under the lights being determined in a courtroom on a Wednesday morning. Nobody likes a coach's decision eventually leading to a judge's ruling. Nobody welcomes lawyers affecting locker rooms.

But when adults fail kids in a profound way, the courts must intervene — and that sums up the sorry situation involving the Fenwick and Plainfield North football teams. At 9 a.m. Wednesday in Circuit Court of Cook County at the Daley Center, Judge Kathleen Kennedy will consider the lawsuit filed Monday by Fenwick seeking "declaratory, injunctive and other relief against the IHSA.''

In layman's terms, Fenwick didn't lose the IHSA Class 7A semifinal to Plainfield North, 18-17 in overtime, as much as a bad officiating crew and the IHSA Board of Directors refused to let them win it. Fenwick deserves to play in the state final game Saturday, not Plainfield North.

Those are my words, not a lawyer's or a judge's, and they are offered with the hope that somebody finally does the right thing about a high school sporting event now memorable for the wrong reasons.

We all have those enduring high school sports memories. That's what makes this story so..."

4MP
11-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Fenwick deserves to play in state final game, not Plainfield North (link) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-haugh-fenwick-plainfield-north-spt-1123-20161122-column.html) Chicago Tribune

"Nobody wants the outcome of a high school football game that starts on a Saturday night under the lights being determined in a courtroom on a Wednesday morning. Nobody likes a coach's decision eventually leading to a judge's ruling. Nobody welcomes lawyers affecting locker rooms.

But when adults fail kids in a profound way, the courts must intervene — and that sums up the sorry situation involving the Fenwick and Plainfield North football teams. At 9 a.m. Wednesday in Circuit Court of Cook County at the Daley Center, Judge Kathleen Kennedy will consider the lawsuit filed Monday by Fenwick seeking "declaratory, injunctive and other relief against the IHSA.''

In layman's terms, Fenwick didn't lose the IHSA Class 7A semifinal to Plainfield North, 18-17 in overtime, as much as a bad officiating crew and the IHSA Board of Directors refused to let them win it. Fenwick deserves to play in the state final game Saturday, not Plainfield North.

Those are my words, not a lawyer's or a judge's, and they are offered with the hope that somebody finally does the right thing about a high school sporting event now memorable for the wrong reasons.

We all have those enduring high school sports memories. That's what makes this story so..."

The end of this article hits on something that we've been wondering about: Can Plainfield North retroactively forfeit the game? If so, would Fenwick go to the 7A state championship game or would East St. Louis just be declared the winner?

Seems that if PN forfeit putting Fenwick in the state final is possible, that would be the right (and easiest) thing to do for all involved, no?

Cliché
11-22-2016, 11:27 AM
The end of this article hits on something that we've been wondering about: Can Plainfield North retroactively forfeit the game? If so, would Fenwick go to the 6A state championship game or would Praire Ridge just be declared the winner?

Seems that if PN forfeit putting Fenwick in the state final is possible, that would be the right (and easiest) thing to do for all involved, no?

Not sure why 6A or Prairie Ridge is involved in the argument. Most are saying IF Fenwick wins the suit, or PN would forfeit, the IHSA and their ego would not allow the game, cancel it instead of honoring the decision.

Kap is talking about this on ESPN right now, whole thing is a mess.

Follow here and LOTS of opinions too under "Normal" threads...
https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/forums/edgys-lost-his-mind-free-football-board.10/

4MP
11-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Not sure why 6A or Prairie Ridge is involved in the argument. Most are saying IF Fenwick wins the suit, or PN would forfeit, the IHSA and their ego would not allow the game, cancel it instead of honoring the decision.

Kap is talking about this on ESPN right now, whole thing is a mess.

Follow here and LOTS of opinions too under "Normal" threads...
https://edgytim.forums.rivals.com/forums/edgys-lost-his-mind-free-football-board.10/

Yikes - sorry - was looking at one thing and typing another. 7A and East St. Louis it truly is. Either way, there was no "argument." :)

Thanks for the response and the links - much appreciated.

Cliché
11-22-2016, 12:15 PM
Yikes - sorry - was looking at one thing and typing another. 7A and East St. Louis it truly is. Either way, there was no "argument." :)

Thanks for the response and the links - much appreciated.

I had to go back and read article, thought I missed something. Feel bad for ESL either way, and all the young men on both Fenwick and PN. Going to put a damper on the Thanksgiving festivities around their tables.

And FYI, I meant "argument" not about our discussion but about the topic itself, could have (should have) used "dilemma" or "debate."

Clamato
11-22-2016, 12:38 PM

I sent the principal at PNHS this link along with my best wishes on the decision he and staff are certainly in the midst of making today.

GE Fan
11-22-2016, 01:52 PM
I sent the principal at PNHS this link along with my best wishes on the decision he and staff are certainly in the midst of making today.

As much as it pains me to agree so willingly with my obnoxious Fenwick lawyer friends - this is a pretty easy analysis and a very limited one that really has no precedent setting pitfalls. The game was over...period.

It would be nice for the IHSA to do the right thing for once and just put Fenwick in the finals. Would also be nice for Plainfield to do the right thing.

Unfortunately, it's likely that either would have already done so if they were so inclined - so, we're stuck with lawyers fighting over kids sports. Perfect. Just what the IHSA deserves.

jombl
11-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Partially agree. The game was over, period....and fully played within the IHSA rules.

And... according to the rules as written by Fenwick, Plainfield and other members of the IHSA... Fenwick lost.

I'd love to go back and review every play and call that Fenwick got this season to ensure that their playoff slot wasn't taken from another because of a bad down measure in their favor... but, no reason to.

Ref's call is final. Everyone has played by the same rules all season, equally.

GE Fan
11-22-2016, 02:51 PM
Partially agree. The game was over, and fully played within the IHSA rules.

And... according to the rules as written by Fenwick, Plainfield and other members of the IHSA... Fenwick lost.

I'd love to go back and review every play and call that Fenwick got this season to ensure that their playoff slot wasn't taken from another because of a bad down measure in their favor... but, no reason to.

Ref's call is final. Everyone has played by the same rules all season, equally.

Expected that argument. And even made it myself to create a stir. But your hypothetical is apples to oranges to a bad call during the season. This wasn't merely a call that brought back a play or allowed a play that seemingly was not correct as we can agree, that happens all the time. Here, the play happened....it fully played out...it ended...everyone did what they were supposed to do. Time on the clock ran to zero. The game was over......then some ref decided it wasn't despite the clear and unambiguous IHSA By-law and the National Federation of State High School Associations Rules (which govern the game) indicating that the game was over. So no, not everyone "played by the same rules all season, equally." All other games were played by those rules - but for this one.

If the Cleveland Indians were given a 4th or 5th out at the end of game 7 and won on a home-run, would they be World Series Champions?

Clamato
11-22-2016, 02:56 PM

Guessing zero of those plays occurred after regulation.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is how the dude who f'ed up the call and four or five of his counterparts didn't understand what they were doing. Ina 7A semi. In Illinois. Let alone the coaches on the Fenwick side.

Either way, game was over. Any mistake made after that is moot. Simply my opinion.

jombl
11-22-2016, 02:59 PM
If that's so, and the game was over according to IHSA rules, then it really is appropriate for IHSA to make that call and use the final score of the game. Fenwick wins.

The problem is that IHSA disagrees and is using for the final score, the game score plus the ref's second one down game that was apparently created out of thin air.

A kids game is no place for the court, if IHSA deems the game final, it's final.

GE Fan
11-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Guessing zero of those plays occurred after regulation.

What I can't for the life of me figure out is how the dude who f'ed up the call and four or five of his counterparts didn't understand what they were doing. Ina 7A semi. In Illinois. Let alone the coaches on the Fenwick side.

Either way, game was over. Any mistake made after that is moot. Simply my opinion.

For all intents and purposes, this is essentially a ref writing down the wrong team as the winner in the face of a rule that states "the ref's handwritten scorecard showing the final score and winner shall be the final and certified result of the game" and the team whose name was wrongfully certified the winner expecting to play in the next round. It's ridiculous.

And I agree 100% on the courts being no place to adjudicate kids' sporting disputes as to winners and losers.

jombl
11-22-2016, 03:01 PM
How would golf deal with that?

GE Fan
11-22-2016, 03:23 PM
The players sign their own scorecards. It's a gentlepersons game.

But, it would be a problem if an official let some kids play less holes.

Cliché
11-22-2016, 03:24 PM
If that's so, and the game was over according to IHSA rules, then it really is appropriate for IHSA to make that call and use the final score of the game. Fenwick wins.

The problem is that IHSA disagrees and is using for the final score, the game score plus the ref's second one down game that was apparently created out of thin air.

A kids game is no place for the court, if IHSA deems the game final, it's final.

Actually IHSA agrees, BUT. Here is what IHSA has stated:
“On the final play of the fourth quarter in today’s IHSA Class 7A Semifinal Football game between Fenwick High School and Plainfield North High School, an error was made by the officiating crew, which resulted in an untimed down being awarded to Plainfield North.

On the untimed down, Plainfield North tied the contest with a field goal and then went on to win the game in overtime. Per Rule 3-3-4 in the 2016 NFHS Football Rules Book, the game should have concluded on the final play of regulation and the untimed down should not have been awarded.

IHSA by-law 6.033 clearly states that “the decisions of game officials shall be final; protests against the decision of a game official shall not be reviewed by the Board of Directors.”

Given that rule, the contest result shall remain final with Plainfield North advancing to the Class 7A State Championship.

On behalf of the IHSA, I express my sincerest apologies to Coach Nudo and his players and coaching staff, as well as to the entire Fenwick administration and community. I understand that it will be difficult to find a silver lining in this particular situation, but I do hope that Fenwick takes pride in all they accomplished today and this season.

There is no doubt that the crew assigned to officiate this contest by the IHSA should have known this rule and they were forthcoming about the error in conversations after the game. The crew also understands that there will be an assessment of their performance and consequences from the IHSA as a result of this error.

We will continue to be proactive in our efforts to educate our officials, while also working with our membership and Board of Directors, of which Fenwick Principal Peter Groom is a valued member, to evaluate IHSA by-laws and policy related to officiating.”

middlein87
11-22-2016, 03:41 PM
It would have been better for IHSA to declare Fenwick the winner. There's no way Plainfield North would have sued to take Fenwick's place after it was clear this was all a screwup on the referees' part. Then the courts wouldn't be involved at all. PN players/fans would have gotten over it. As it is now, Fenwick got the shaft twice.

middlein87
11-22-2016, 03:45 PM
IHSA could have just stated that, while the guy in the black and white stripes gave them the untimed down, there was technically no untimed down to be awarded. Thus the game was over on the grounding penalty and the official is no longer "an official". He's just a dude in funny clothes.

It would be tenuous. But I can't see Plainfield suing over it, since everyone knows - Plainfield players/fans/coaches/administration included - that they lost.

Cliché
11-22-2016, 03:45 PM
It would have been better for IHSA to declare Fenwick the winner. There's no way Plainfield North would have sued to take Fenwick's place after it was clear this was all a screwup on the referees' part. Then the courts wouldn't be involved at all. PN players/fans would have gotten over it. As it is now, Fenwick got the shaft twice.

Agree, IHSA is the bad guy in all of this...BUT, that rule not overturning decisions is in their bylaws. It's a case of a broken rule being protected by another rule. Whole thing is just unfortunate for all involved. (Except the lawyers :) )

Cliché
11-23-2016, 08:09 AM
Tribune has had some good, balanced, insightful reporting on this the last couple days, another good article...

Fenwick football fiasco raises issues of sportsmanship, ethics (link) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-fenwick-football-lawsuit-met-20161122-story.html)— Chicago Tribune

Excerpts...
"A judge will hear arguments Wednesday on the controversial finish to a high school playoff football game, the final outcome hanging in the balance despite the lack of a flying pigskin or crunching tackles.

Regardless of what happens in the Daley Center courtroom, the fiasco involving the contest between Fenwick and Plainfield North high schools has brought to the forefront issues of sportsmanship, ethics and a basic question that does not have a simple answer: What's the right thing to do?

As it stands, Plainfield North is listed as the victor of Saturday's Class 7A semifinal game. The Tigers defeated Fenwick 18-17 in overtime. Or did they?

The convoluted turn of events has led to a debate over rules and bylaws, contracts and lawsuits, while drawing the customary, if always unfortunate, pointed fingers at officials. It has also prompted a discussion about the best way to act after an agonizing defeat and a debated win, a victory which all parties agree occurred because of a mistake.

"There's a difference," said Michael Josephson, founder and president of the Josephson Institute of Ethics, "between what you have a right to do and what is right to do."

While those conversations take place at coffee shops, on social media and sports talk radio, lawyers for Fenwick, a private Catholic school in Oak Park, will stand before a Cook County judge to urge her to overturn the result by ruling on their lawsuit against the Illinois High School Association.

"To allow this unjust result to stand would fly in the face of everything the IHSA stands for in its administration of high school athletics — fairness, reliability, accountability and integrity," the lawyers write.

How the schools arrived at this point is complicated, even for football fans..."

Cliché
11-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Underway now...

Fenwick's lawyer arguing IHSA rules are a contract, contract ended at end of regulation, officials had no right to order teams to play OT. Fenwick's second argument was inconsistent application of the rules. Third was due process. Breezes thru those. Focused on 1st argument.

Fenwick lawyer on officials having final power: "what happens when they are guided by prejudice, guided by anger? No one can stop that?" and mentions a 2009 instance where IHSA changed the result of a downstate soccer game.

Fenwick lawyer on IHSA bylaw: "that rule only says the [IHSA] board can't overturn it....doesn't say a court of law in the US can't do it" Fenwick lawyer: "Enforce the contract. Game was over when regulation ended."

IHSA lawyer arguing now, leads with, "I grew up in Oak Park, wasn't smart enough to go to Fenwick." Wow :rolleyes:

IHSA lawyer: "Plainfield N. has every right to participate in this game and the IHSA has no right to stop it, court has no right to stop it" Tells judge she doesn't have the power to change the rule. "A bad call by a referee is a breach of contract? No case holds that. The result they are looking for is absurd. By contract Fenwick has agreed to this."

IHSA lawyer: "Your honor, I ask that you have the courage to stay out of this."

Arguments over. Judge Kennedy says she will take at least 15 minutes, maybe more to rule. 10:30 or so.

IHSA's lawyer is David Bressler. Peter Rush, Fenwick's lawyer addressing the crowd now: "No outbursts, no matter the result..this is a court of law."

Judge Kathleen Kennedy, who is hearing the case at this moment, is retiring in a week. Possibly her last case? What a way to go out.

jombl
11-23-2016, 09:28 AM
I think that argument has merit, and the IHSA should have called it that way and found the ref's at fault for starting a non-sanctioned contest outside of regulation.

Problem is, the IHSA made the determination already that under the "contract" Fenwick lost.

It's fair for IHSA to make a ruling under the contract. It's not fair for the thousands of participants to cherry pick one call and over turn a final IHSA result in court.

Bad calls are part of the game, and bad/missed/discreationary calls influenced who went to the post season.

Cliché
11-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Judge: Fenwick has shown irreparable harm. But there are two other factors

No temporary restraining order. Fenwick has not shown inconsistent application of the rules.

Court finds for IHSA.

Clamato
11-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Chicago Sun-Times ‏@Suntimes · 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: Judge declines to overturn outcome of football game between Fenwick and Plainfield North after ref errs

Plainfield North, victim or victimizer? I go with the latter.

If I am the IHSA, this crew will call youth games for the rest of their lives.

Cliché
11-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Judge rejects bid by Fenwick to overturn disputed football playoff loss (link) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-fenwick-football-ihsa-lawsuit-ruling-20161123-story.html)— Chicago Tribune

Excerpts...

"Cook County judge on Wednesday turned back a legal challenge by Fenwick High School to overturn its disputed loss in a football playoff game last weekend. The ruling by Judge Kathleen Kennedy came in a lawsuit filed by Fenwick against the Illinois High School Association, which had refused to hear an appeal by the private Catholic school in Oak Park, citing a bylaw declaring that decisions by officials shall be final.

"Here, as on the playing field, one side wins and one side loses," Kennedy said as she announced her ruling after hearing about 45 minutes of arguments from lawyers and taking a lengthy break to mull over her decision.

A Fenwick spokesman said the school will not pursue further legal action and wished Plainfield North luck in the championship game.

Kennedy ruled in a Daley Center courtroom packed mostly with Fenwick supporters and a few players. Fenwick's lawyer had warned the crowd to stay quiet and show respect for her ruling no matter how it went.

David Bressler, an IHSA attorney, said officials make hundreds of bad calls every week and that courts would be flooded with lawsuits if Fenwick won the legal fight. "I wish there was a way that Fenwick could participate in the game, but there's not," Bressler said. "Sometimes the law is not fair."

Todd Faulkner, a lawyer for Plainfield North, said the school "respects the passion" of Fenwick fans but that Plainfield feels the same about playing in the championship game.

Craig Anderson, the IHSA's executive director, offered "my sincerest apologies" to the Fenwick coaches, players and fans. On Monday morning, the IHSA board of directors determined that the association's bylaws did not allow a review of Fenwick's appeal.

NEBF
11-23-2016, 11:35 AM
Given the specific error made in this case (i.e. not subjective like a missed holding call, happened after clock expiration, etc.), I lean toward the Clam perspective. The thing that surprises me most about the game ending is that no one was able to identify the error and stop the extra untimed down.

Cliché
11-23-2016, 11:47 AM
Given the specific error made in this case (i.e. not subjective like a missed holding call, happened after clock expiration, etc.), I lean toward the Clam perspective. The thing that surprises me most about the game ending is that no one was able to identify the error and stop the extra untimed down.

The delay was 8 minutes roughly to make the wrong call...in that time, no official opened a rule book. Mind-boggling to be ignorant of the rule, even more mind-boggling to make no attempt to verify rule.

Interesting discussion yesterday with an IHSA official on ESPN, said decisions are made in the official huddles by consensus, a knowledgeable official can be and is often overruled by numbers, more officials who disagree...can see that on judgement calls, but on rules, ugh.

NEBF
11-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Given that official's perspective, and the assertion that no official or coach confirmed the rule, it implies that everyone on the field was 100% sure that one untimed down [that could decide the game] was the correct course of action. That is truly mind-boggling.

Cliché
11-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Given that official's perspective, and the assertion that no official or coach confirmed the rule, it implies that everyone on the field was 100% sure that one untimed down [that could decide the game] was the correct course of action. That is truly mind-boggling.

Haven't read anything about PN coaches, what they knew or did not know (frankly, why would they even comment on it considering), but Fenwick coach explained himself a bit on that topic...

Fenwick coach: IHSA should overturn Plainfield North's 7A semifinal win (link) (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/ct-spt-1121-prep-fb-fenwick-referee-reaction-20161120-story.html) — Chicago Tribune

Excerpts...

"It was immediately apparent to Fenwick coach Gene Nudo that his kids had just been wronged by the action of adults on Saturday night. Nudo initially placed the blame for the unfortunate, incorrect ending to his team's 18-17 overtime loss to Plainfield North in the Class 7A semifinals on one person in particular — himself.

Facing a fourth down at the Friars' own 15-yard line, Nudo instructed quarterback Jacob Keller to drop back and throw the ball deep to kill the final four seconds of what the Illinois High School Association said hours later should have been a 10-7 Fenwick victory.

It wasn't until he was driving home from the game that Nudo, who spent 22 years as a coach and executive in the Arena Football League before coming to Fenwick in 2012, realized a whole team of people messed up royally — and he wasn't one of them. "You can't take a knee in the Arena League, so the safest thing to do was have the quarterback drop back and throw the ball deep without any duress on him so it's not intentional grounding," Nudo said Sunday.

"So when I walked off the field I thought it was a rule I didn't know about. I left thinking I blew the game for the kids." "Any time you coach a game you go out there assuming (the officials) are going to know the rules. Sometimes you agree with them, sometimes you don't. It is part of the game. I told our kids last night and throughout the season that you can only control what you can control.

Nudo has spent a lot of time focusing on what he could have done differently, although his plan was legal and executed properly. And he hasn't come up with a better option. "You go through all these scenarios," Nudo said. "Why not take a knee? They could have kicked a field goal. Why not take a safety? We practice that every Friday, but from the 10, not the 15. It is 15 yards and what if the quarterback trips and falls with time on the clock?"

Nudo did not punt because the Friars lost a playoff game in 2012 on a 90-yard punt return with no time left in a 22-21 loss to Rockford Boylan in the second round. He also recalled the next season's 32-31 loss to Wheaton North, also in the 7A second round, in which he did not agree with a late call that went against his team.

Nudo said that while those two losses were very tough to swallow, Saturday's defeat was on an entirely different level. "(The Wheaton North loss) was controversial because there was a call we didn't agree with, but it was a judgment call," Nudo said. "This is not a judgment call by an official. This isn't even applying an interpretation to a written rule."

Cliché
11-23-2016, 12:40 PM
Some of the aftermath, showing some sadness, frustration, embarrassment, class...

Fenwick principal Peter Groom says Fenwick won't pursue the issue anymore, focus should be on 16 teams playing this weekend

Fenwick statement: "We applaud the Plainfield North athletes and coaches for a well-played semi-final game and we thank them for their continued sportsmanship and understanding during this difficult week for everyone involved"

IHSA statement: "Today’s decision by the Honorable Kathleen G. Kennedy in the Circuit Court of Chicago to uphold the result of the IHSA Class 7A Semifinal Football game is not a victory. There is no celebration and there are no winners in this circumstance. It is simply a resolution.

The Fenwick High School community has been dealt a pair of devastating blows over the past few days, while Plainfield North had a historic moment shrouded in controversy simply for following the rules provided for them, first by the game officials, and then by the IHSA.

We will move forward now, in the short-term with eight state championship football games at the University of Illinois this weekend. In the long-run, it is our job as an Association, Board of Directors and membership to look at our policies and rules to see if and how we might be able to prevent instances like this in the future.

We appreciate Judge Kennedy’s ruling from the perspective that we believe it is vital for membership organizations like the IHSA to be able to self-govern within the rules set by our member schools. Judge Kennedy recognized the historic precedent that would have resulted if she had overturned the outcome of the game based on an officiating error. This is the same pitfall our membership foresaw in originally approving the by-law, and that our Board of Directors recognized in their decision not to consider an appeal."

Judge says Plainfield North, not Fenwick, should play in Class 7A title game (http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2016/11/23/judge-says-plainfield-north-not-fenwick-play-class-7a-title-game/) Sun-Times
"A Cook County judge on Wednesday ruled that Plainfield North — not Fenwick — should play in the Class 7A state title game on Saturday. The case captured the attention of the entire area, far beyond the usual high school sports audience. Emotions were strong on both sides of the issue and the case was heard before a jam-packed courtroom.

Judge Kathleen G. Kennedy deliberated for nearly 45 minutes. “Here, as on the playing field, one side wins and one side loses,” Kennedy said. Kennedy agreed Fenwick had shown “irreparable harm” but did not prove that the IHSA had applied its rules inconsistently. “There is no celebration and there are no winners in this circumstance,” IHSA executive director Craig Anderson said in a statement. “It is simply a resolution. The Fenwick community has been dealt a pair of devastating blows over the past few days, while Plainfield North had a historic moment shrouded in controversy simply for folling the rules provided for them, first by the game officials, and then by the IHSA.”

DTM
11-23-2016, 01:18 PM
where can I find an old school box score which lists the official's names?

GE Fan
11-23-2016, 01:57 PM
You can't really blame the court. Like Jombl said, the court is no place to resolve scoring disputes for youth sports.

Clamato
11-23-2016, 03:32 PM
How embarrassing for Plainfield North. Plainfield in general. Coaches and administration solidifying my view of that area.

GE Fan
11-23-2016, 06:39 PM
Was a no win situation. Pun intended.

Cliché
11-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Was a no win situation. Pun intended.

Nice, wish I posted that. Or a win win...both teams did win the game.

4MP
11-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Glad ESL won...

Cliché
11-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Glad ESL won...

ESL didn't even play that well and never were in jeopardy of losing that game, same could be said for Loyola in reverse, didn't play well and were never out of it...not taking away anything away from Maine South who were outstanding...MS would have beat GW. That said, GW v ESL would have been an entertaining game and a great game to defend their (GW) 7A championship.

Clamato
11-28-2016, 05:15 PM
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ravens-commit-repeated-simultaneous-holding-penalties-t-1789404102?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebo ok&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Cliché
11-28-2016, 07:19 PM
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/ravens-commit-repeated-simultaneous-holding-penalties-t-1789404102?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebo ok&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow
Worked because officials knew the rule.