PDA

View Full Version : GBW Lady Field Hockey to the Final Four

Nika
10-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Congrats to the 2015 GBW Field Hockey team for earning a trip to the final four! This is a talented group of ladies who are dominated by underclassmen. It looks like they will be a fixture in the state series for years to come. But for now, good luck on Thursday in your state semifinal game against Lake Forest!!!

Cliché
10-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Congrats to the 2015 GBW Field Hockey team for earning a trip to the final four! This is a talented group of ladies who are dominated by underclassmen. It looks like they will be a fixture in the state series for years to come. But for now, good luck on Thursday in your state semifinal game against Lake Forest!!!

Congratulations ladies, this program has come SO far in the past 7-8 years. Good luck, Go West!

JMysterio
10-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Lake Forest vs Glen Ellyn...

The loser has to buy dinner at Alinea.

Glenly Ellynby
10-28-2015, 01:13 PM
If they make the finals, when and where would that be? I have a kid who would be interested. Since this isn't IHSA, it's hard to find good information online. The IHSFHA web site still has last years tournament info on it.

http://ihsfha.org/ihsfha/stateTournamentCurrent.htn

Nika
10-28-2015, 01:22 PM
The final four is being hosted by New Trier High School. I believe the Championship game is set for Saturday.

The site does suck...I get all my info from my kid.

Clamato
10-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Lake Forest vs Glen Ellyn...

The loser has to buy dinner at Alinea.

Now that is a 9.4 on the humor scale.

middlein87
10-28-2015, 01:46 PM
The final four game is tomorrow, the 29th:

We are playing Lake Forest High School at 7pm. A fan bus has been scheduled to leave at 5:30 from Biester, if you would like to attend. Please let me know if you are interested in taking the fan bus; any Glenbard West student may go.

Frankly I'm not sure a bus leaving GE at 5:30 could get to New Trier by 7 with rush hour - but I suppose they know what they're doing...

The finals (and probably the 3rd place match) will be on 10/31. Not sure what time.

It is New Trier - Northfield campus, by the way.

They're so classy they have two campuses.

DTM
10-28-2015, 02:56 PM
They're so classy they have two campuses.

Isn't that where you went to school? If so, I'm fairly certain the class quotient went up after you graduated....

https://thefailedcritic.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/animal-house-toga-john-belushi.jpg

Nika
10-29-2015, 10:32 PM
West girls beat the #2 seed Lake Forest team tonight in an incredibly exciting 3-1 game. They play Saturday for the state championship. Awesome job ladies and my old PE teacher, Ms Judge!

4MP
10-30-2015, 12:15 AM
And South and West girls' volleyball teams just won their respective regional championships tonight!

NEBF
10-30-2015, 07:31 AM
Field hockey Championship game is at 2pm on Saturday [at New Trier].

Cliché
10-30-2015, 08:22 AM
West girls beat the #2 seed Lake Forest team tonight in an incredibly exciting 3-1 game. They play Saturday for the state championship.

Best of luck to these ladies…it would be a great costume to "trick er treat" later in the day as State Champions!

Clamato
10-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Finding news about IHSA field hockey is like mining for diamonds. But I did come across this . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP0pU3pg4YI I was at this game. Never seen a team get so obliterated. It's as if no one showed HC the script.

Glenly Ellynby
10-30-2015, 09:23 AM
Finding news about IHSA field hockey is like mining for diamonds.

Field Hockey hasn't been an IHSA sport since the 70's or 80's, so there is a different organization--the Illinois High School Field Hockey Association (IHSFA)--to govern high school field hockey.

But as I pointed out above, their website still has information from last year's tournament. It's like a parent was administering the site and their kid graduated.

Clamato
10-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Perhaps that's the problem. I'll try again.

JMysterio
10-31-2015, 05:40 AM
Field Hockey hasn't been an IHSA sport since the 70's or 80's, so there is a different organization--the Illinois High School Field Hockey Association (IHSFA)--to govern high school field hockey.

But as I pointed out above, their website still has information from last year's tournament. It's like a parent was administering the site and their kid graduated.

Yes, it's not sanctioned yet by the IHSA as an official sport, in fact it's not called Field Hockey by the IHSA but is called Lacrosse. Evidently there are subtle differences between the two, including one is played in the fall and the other in the spring.

Clamato
10-31-2015, 09:59 AM
The IHSA calls girl's field hockey "lacrosse?" Why is that? That is odd . . . and the IHSA seems wrong if they are doing that.

Glenly Ellynby
10-31-2015, 03:01 PM
Yes, it's not sanctioned yet by the IHSA as an official sport, in fact it's not called Field Hockey by the IHSA but is called Lacrosse. Evidently there are subtle differences between the two, including one is played in the fall and the other in the spring.

This is not correct. Field hockey is an entirely different sport than Lacrosse. It's an entirely different sport from hockey, actually.

There just aren't that many schools in Illinois with field hockey teams. It's pretty new in Glen Ellyn, and the recent success of the GBW team is quite exciting.

Cliché
10-31-2015, 04:28 PM
New Trier over West 1-0. :(

Congratulations ladies!!

JMysterio
10-31-2015, 04:37 PM
This is not correct. Field hockey is an entirely different sport than Lacrosse. It's an entirely different sport from hockey, actually.

There just aren't that many schools in Illinois with field hockey teams. It's pretty new in Glen Ellyn, and the recent success of the GBW team is quite exciting.

Having never played either I'll take your word, however the IHSA site lists Lacrosse as an emerging sport, not Field Hockey.

Clamato
10-31-2015, 04:52 PM
New Trier over West 1-0. :(

Congratulations ladies!!

Well, that's too bad. BUT . . . . if you're going to lose in the final, that isn't a bad way to go. 1-0 against the top team in the state on their home field.

Great job, West girls!

Cliché
10-31-2015, 08:20 PM
Second in State is great!

https://twitter.com/GWHilltoppers/status/660553677602742273?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

NEBF
11-02-2015, 05:06 PM
There just aren't that many schools in Illinois with field hockey teams.

Looks like IHSA requires 10% of the [~800] member schools to participate before adding a sport.

Clamato
11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/glen-ellyn/ct-gle-sports-glenbard-west-field-hockey-tl-1105-20151102-story.html

Cliché
10-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Glenbard West Varsity Field Hockey defeated Evanston 7-0 last night in the IHSFHA second round playoffs. They will play this Friday night 6pm at GW against the winner of Loyola v. Latin in the Sectional Final. GO WEST! Good luck ladies!!

NEBF
10-17-2018, 09:07 AM
the winner of Loyola v. Latin

Note the Loyola v Latin game will be hosted at Memorial tonight at 6pm. [Tournament Bracket link (https://www.illinoisfieldhockey.com/state-tournament-2018/)]

Cliché
10-17-2018, 09:13 AM
Note the Loyola v Latin game will be hosted at Memorial tonight at 6pm. [Tournament Bracket link (https://www.illinoisfieldhockey.com/state-tournament-2018/)]

Thanks NEBF, I quickly searched online for more on "Latin" and the matchup, but as quickly gave up (current Girl's FH info tough to find). Go West!!

Cliché
10-26-2018, 10:36 AM
Little acknowledgment and update on the Varsity Lady Hilltoppers Field Hockey team, advancing to state finals for the fourth year in a row...they succumbed last night to the #1 ranked New Trier team, edged out 1-0...now playing Saturday at 11am, at OPRF for third place versus North Shore Country Day...good luck ladies and congratulations on your outstanding year!!!

Championship game will be Lake Forest v New Trier.

Cliché
10-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Congratulations to the Lady Hilltoppers Field Hockey team for capturing third place in IHSFHA State. Tough fought 3-2 overtime victory over North Shore Country Day. Well played! Great season (again!)